FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

Alright check it, it doesnt have to be actual bots, it could be a poker sweatshop kind of thing where one decent player has several minions in a room with computers and IP addresses and such. He pays them to grind for him, and he teaches them an exact formula for preflop and postflop play so that they can make decisions automatically. He is also available to step in when things arent working out, say when somebody starts to play back too much. They wouldnt really chat much, by their nature, but they certainly could if prompted.

If I had a few minions and a proper setup, I could have the same kind of operation going within a week or so (and probably better than this low-winrate clown, heh). It doesnt seem that hard to me.

Obviously if this is the case, it isnt really very ethical, but its not quite as bad as bots since they would technically be real players, just under the auspices of a 'mastermind'.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 PM

zook,
you're a good sport.

this is standard for mario to not reraise with aces, esp. since the pf raise was so big.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 PM

The hand isn't that interesting, but the observer chat made me lol.

FullTiltPoker Game #1637383437: Table Water Coconut - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:39:23 ET - 2007/01/20
Seat 1: Huskies06 ($11.35)
Seat 2: Hero ($289.85)
Seat 3: 1forthethumb ($213)
Seat 4: yquiet ($97)
Seat 5: gapingmaw ($616.60)
Seat 6: Gumpwood ($142.65)
Seat 7: justin550 ($118.55)
Seat 8: Fusilli Jerry ($204.10)
Seat 9: king white ($92)
gapingmaw posts the small blind of $1
Gumpwood posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Qh 7c]
justin550 folds
Fusilli Jerry folds
king white calls $2
Huskies06 calls $2
Hero folds
1forthethumb raises to $12
yquiet folds
gapingmaw folds
Gumpwood calls $10
king white folds
Huskies06 folds
*** FLOP *** [Kh Kc 5s]
Gumpwood bets $18
idm992 (Observer): NOTICE: Your opponents may be using special software to increase their odds. Now you can download the same software the pro's use for FREE at www.PokerVitals.com
1forthethumb calls $18
*** TURN *** [Kh Kc 5s] [9c]
Gumpwood bets $54
1forthethumb calls $54
*** RIVER *** [Kh Kc 5s 9c] [3d]
Gumpwood bets $58.65, and is all in
1forthethumb calls $58.65
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Gumpwood shows [5c 5h] (a full house, Fives full of Kings)
1forthethumb mucks
Gumpwood wins the pot ($287.30) with a full house, Fives full of Kings
1forthethumb adds $129.65
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $290.30 | Rake $3
Board: [Kh Kc 5s 9c 3d]
Seat 1: Huskies06 folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Hero didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: 1forthethumb mucked [Jc Kd] - three of a kind, Kings
Seat 4: yquiet (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: gapingmaw (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Gumpwood (big blind) showed [5c 5h] and won ($287.30) with a full house, Fives full of Kings
Seat 7: justin550 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: Fusilli Jerry didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: king white folded before the Flop
Old 05-09-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright check it, it doesnt have to be actual bots, it could be a poker sweatshop kind of thing where one decent player has several minions in a room with computers and IP addresses and such. He pays them to grind for him, and he teaches them an exact formula for preflop and postflop play so that they can make decisions automatically. He is also available to step in when things arent working out, say when somebody starts to play back too much. They wouldnt really chat much, by their nature, but they certainly could if prompted.

If I had a few minions and a proper setup, I could have the same kind of operation going within a week or so (and probably better than this low-winrate clown, heh). It doesnt seem that hard to me.

Obviously if this is the case, it isnt really very ethical, but its not quite as bad as bots since they would technically be real players, just under the auspices of a 'mastermind'.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was at least one instance of a couple of them playing at the same table. that would be collusion.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I'm surprised this hasn't happened before. You could exploit cheap labor in other countries and make a killing. Pay your employees enough to survive but not enough to build their own bankroll.

It's very similar to the Gold Farmers in online RPGs.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

there was at least one instance of a couple of them playing at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there wasn't. In over half a million hands (probably more actually) collected by 2+2ers none of these players have ever sat at a table with eachother.

Curious, no?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:28 PM

lol @ no FullTilt Rep in this whole thread.

FTPdoug?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there was at least one instance of a couple of them playing at the same table. that would be collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.. no it wouldn't.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:34 PM

Guys, I made the post with the same explanations as are being developed on page 4.

This does not have to be a full blown bot, and most likely isn't. I really can't imagine how anyone could develop automatic turn and river play. This is most likely, as Noah said, one of those Rainkhan people. He's could be using a pre-flop/flop betting program that makes decisions in all the obvious situations (fold 37o, etc), possibly even c-betting on auto-pilot. The guy then takes over post-flop and in 3-bet situations.

Also, as someone else has pointed out, it would help to have PAHUD stats have a couple of decimals. If one guy after 100k hands is 14.24 and the other is 13.67, I think that's a huge difference. Then I could see it being a few friends playing together (maybe like a frat) and having one guy teach them. This would explain the discrepancy in bb/100 of the two players on the right (the right-most player being a loser). This would also be consistent with them playing at the same time and not playing on the same tables.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Awesome, amazing, eye-opening post.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

angry email sent