Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: tstonembd 3rd in chips at uspc!

jordan and mike (and shane),

you guys are tough. you played great tournaments and i'm sure you'll be back in the limelight soon enough.

thanks all for the sweat, support, and kind words.

alex
Old 10-08-2006, 04:03 PM

good luck but we here in ca decided we dont like people who lack a sense of humor.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:26 PM

imso,

Can you give your thoughts on your pair + straight draw vs. AJ's flopped straight hand?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:18 AM

YAY! Group hug!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:42 PM

id also like your thoughts on the hand where i raised alex's button limp with KTo in the SB and you pushed allin in the BB with A4o. i called with KTo meaning i was pretty commited at this point. i think you can assume that when i raise alex out of position my hand is pretty strong. KTo is about as weak as i can have in that spot. i thought your push was quite a big mistake. did you think you had strong folding equity?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imso,

Can you give your thoughts on your pair + straight draw vs. AJ's flopped straight hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

el d,

at the time, i thought alex had been setting me up all day to try and make a move on me and take a pot from me. so i thought his big checkraise to 160k (over 5x what i bet,31k.) was weak, so i put in third bet that i thought had alot of fold equity (420k). obviously i was wrong and he moved in, and at that time i thought he was very likely to have two pair and he didn't necessarily have to have the nuts to make that move. i had counted his stack like 6 times before and after i checkraised with my eyes and thought he had <650k total, so I thoguht i was getting like 8 to 1 and that my gutshot was good and i called. he ended up having over 800k and it was pretty much one of the worst mistakes i've ever made at poker. this hand combined with the way i played the final table overall is very dissapointing to me.

[ QUOTE ]
id also like your thoughts on the hand where i raised alex's button limp with KTo in the SB and you pushed allin in the BB with A4o. i called with KTo meaning i was pretty commited at this point. i think you can assume that when i raise alex out of position my hand is pretty strong. KTo is about as weak as i can have in that spot. i thought your push was quite a big mistake. did you think you had strong folding equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

mike, at the time i had i think 15 big blinds so i wasn't going to be giving up any opportunities to get it in good. alex hadn't been limping alot from the button, and it looked to me like you were just trying to abuse his limp. you made a bigger than normal preflop raise to 5 or 6x the BB, and i really felt at the time it was a very likely King high or worse hand. i thought you might even have something like 89 or T8 or some complete random hand. i thuoght the chances of you having a very strong hand were small. it was just the read i had at the time and as short as i was i decided to go with it.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:03 PM

im,

"thought he had <650k total, ... he ended up having over 800k"

Gross.

Nonetheless, congrats on the 400k!