Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 07:32 AM

Default hand review (first time)

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $17.70
BB: $10.20
UTG: $15.80
MP: $10.25
CO: $5.20
Hero (BTN): $6.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30, MP folds, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $4.80</font>, CO calls all-in for $3.80
Uncalled bet of $1.00 returned to Hero

River: ($11.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $11.35 ($0.55 Rake)

CO had 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Eights full of Tens) and WON (+$5.60)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$5.20)

I am a new player what did I do wrong? Fold PF?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: hand review (first time)

Raise more PF 4x bb + 3 limpers =&gt; 0.7
Rest is pretty standard for this limit imho
a and next time please buyin for the full $10
Old 07-20-2007, 07:46 AM

PF raise standard 4xBB +1BB/per limper..Bet about pot on the flop...

Scanned your posting history..Now what should you do???
-You are in the right forum for learning..STAY HERE...
-Before doing ANYTHING else READ ALL the stickies at the top of the forum...
-After reading ALL the stickies..Begin reading and posting EVERY day..This is how you will learn..There are no quick fixes...
-Learn bankroll management
-You also appear to have emotional issues(subject to tilt)..Get your emotions under control...
Old 07-20-2007, 07:57 AM

you can raise jk on the button pre flop but raise 4bb+1bb per limper. If you have 3 limpers make it 70cent preflop.
bet 2/3 or 3/4 on the flop.
Since you have a short stack you are commiting yourself to the pot and you have to push on blank tur.
Please buy in for full bi if you want to learn how to play poker.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:13 AM

-Grunch-

If you're going to raise PF, it needs to be a lot higher. The .40+.1xLimper or even just hitting the "pot" button would be best. As it is, if even just one person calls, everyone else is getting odds and you're building a big multi-way pot with a weak holding. I'm surprised even one player folded.

That's IF you want to raise PF. You're on the button, so maybe I'd see a cheap flop with KJo, but maybe I'd fold too (I can get a little nitty). The button's profitable, but with so many people in the hand I think your edge is VERY small with marginal hands like KJo.

Bet closer to the amount of the pot on the flop to lower the implied odds you are offering, but still expect callers since the Flush and Straight draws are out. The push on the turn after a seemingly safe card looks fine. It's unlucky he caught his 2pair. If you would have bet more on the flop you'd be more likely to be called with the push, which for the most part is good - you're ahead here more often than not. All-Ins should mostly be value bets - rarely bluff with all your chips at this level.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:15 AM
 is offline

raise more preflop
raise more on flop

if you follow these rules, you wouldn`t be in a spot like this.

The way you played it, and since you and villain are on a medium stack, there`s not much more you can do on turn.

Unless you have a short bankroll, try to always reload to maximum.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:47 AM

You made a small error pre-flop by not raising big enough. You made a big error on the flop by not betting more than you did - I bet full pot here. If villian calls that you can generally put him on a King with a kicker better than yours or two pair. Then you can check fold turn.I would feel so much better about losing this hand the way you did, if I had priced him out (properly) on the flop. To me your flop bet looks like missed overcards and villian quite sensibly called with middle pair.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:14 AM

i like to play those spots pretty tight.
one pair with good kicker is tough spot. especially when you raised only to 4 bb with so many in the hand you are probably behind. Villain could easily hold 9J for a straight or other holdings that beat you.

If you don't want to raise then lay it down. if you stick to this you are on the safe side in many situations.

if the players at the table let you in with suited connectors or anything similar for 1bb then call this multiway spots. and hope to hit big (at least 2pair) and reevalute by the given action.

ps. by in for the full amount to get all their moneys if you hit and for implied odds.

pps. i think my english is getting worse and worse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 02:47 PM

thanks for the advice. I am sure my betting is a big leak sounds like I need to push more pf and on the river, or fold this hand.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:01 PM

thanks KEW, I know this is place.......... I felt like I found a goldmine when I found this site. I think trying to do to much to quick is a problem for me. I will continue to read and post here. Thanks