Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Everest Poker closed my account - No idea why

So I opened an account at Everest Poker about 2 weeks ago, deposited 2K via Neteller and ran it up to 14K pretty quickly (in case that matters).
On Sunday I found my account got closed for my "protection" due to "unusual activity" and I was asked to send a scan of my ID to verify it, which I immediately did.
Then I received an email in which they told me that some things do not match in my profile and they are investigating my account. They asked me to send a scan of the backside of my ID, a recent telephone/whatever bill with my address and a screenshot of my Neteller account on which you can see my acc no and name.
I sent then an email that I want to know what is going on and they told me it was all for my security and a standard procedure. So I sent them all they were asking for. Immediately after that they sent me an email telling me the screenshot and ID was missing. Although this wasn`t the case I sent them another mail with those things attached. That was on Monday.
Since then I did not here from them although I asked for confirmation that they now received everything they needed and I complained via their online support (they don`t have tel support).
I am getting a bit worried by now as I have no idea for what reason they closed my account and I don`t know if this site can be trusted. Anybody has an idea what might be going on? Similar experiences with this site?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Everest Poker closed my account - No idea why

did they actually CLOSE your account, or just suspend your ability to withdraw?

They have a standard thing where as soon as u ask to withdraw MORE $ than you have deposited, you need to send in ID. I've confirmed this with several other people...happened to me too. It took a whole TEN DAYS (!) from when i sent in all that stuff to when they took the hold off my account. I could still log in and play (how convenient) but my ability to cash out had been frozen until they processed all my paperwork.

Like you, I was worried, b/c i sent them around 8 emails and online support complaints and did not get a SINGLE reply (unlike my general CS questions, which were usually replied to within 48 hrs). Anyway, around 10 days after i sent all that stuff in, they finally sent me an email 'unlocking' my cashout ability.

Did they actually CLOSE your accoutn completely so that you can't even play? (it sounds like they might have, b/c it doesn't even sound like you've attempted to cash out at all...) if that's the case, all i can say is that they're "security" team (e.g. those IBS ppl or whatever) is VERY slow to respond, but they eventually addressed all my concerns.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:50 AM

i'm in week 12 of a "4 to 6 week" cashout process.

they also tried to gank my cc info as part of that [censored] verification process you mentioned, but i shut them down quickfast with some logic (i live in canada for starters, and was on very good terms with neteller at the time). they promptly returned my account to "normal" status, at which time i requested a cheque.

since then they've since either ignored me (taking 10 days at a time to respond to emails), attempted to mislead me (the cheques in the mail! check your mailbox!), and now have given me some [censored] story about how their "overseas cheque processor [censored] up" or some [censored] like that, and that they're all over it.

nevermind that their payments processor is actually right next door, on their reservation. oh, they're so clever. they have to outsource overseas to write a cheque.

file a complaint with kahnawake. everest is id #00514.

oh, btw, everest's software registers as 14 instances of spyware. i'm sure they're on the up and up.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:06 AM

They closed my account. I didn`t try to withdraw.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

they also tried to gank my cc

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you plz explain what this means?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

they also tried to gank my cc

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you plz explain what this means?

[/ QUOTE ]
It means they tried to get his credit card information.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Did you log into your account from the US? That happened to me, they said I played from the US after the legislation, so they closed the account and kept all the monies that were in there. On top of all that they sent me an Email (in German, otherwise I would post it) that I shall consider this case closed and not contact them anymore !!!! (What a joke, the money is gone I guess)
Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you log into your account from the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Btw: What`s the deal with the Online Gambling Alliance they seem to be part of? Maybe they can do something for you.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you log into your account from the US? That happened to me, they said I played from the US after the legislation, so they closed the account and kept all the monies that were in there. On top of all that they sent me an Email (in German, otherwise I would post it) that I shall consider this case closed and not contact them anymore !!!! (What a joke, the money is gone I guess)

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems shocking, even for a poker site.
a) did you actually log in from the US?
b) how much $ did they keep?

>> the reason that something seems fishy here is that any dumb European could bring their laptop on vacation to the US and try to log in not realizing that they can't play from the US...harmless mistakes must happen like that all the time, and wouldn't justify Everest keeping all your money. U sure there's something you're not telling us?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:53 AM

Yes I did play from the US (more than once), but that should be besides the point... if they don't want you to gambol for the US they should do it like party poker where they wont let you sit down at a real money table.... but to not say anything until you try to cash out is just F'd up.
It's no big deal, since the money involved is insignificant, I am just trying to warn others to stay away from there... specially if you have such a wide choice of other sites if you are not in the US