Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Potentially the End of the NBA (really)

I don't pay taxes!

... but that's because I don't have any to pay...
Old 08-18-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MicroBob,

If a call is made for a foul, and then overturned, what the [censored] do you do? Inbound from the sideline?

Edit: A better system would be for a ref to raise his hand if he thinks there's a foul, and a second ref would blow the whistle if he agrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

this works for me too.
Similar to hockey.

I think an even better plan would be to throw a yellow-flag like they do for football. Preferably in the middle of the lane so that you have some Loony-tunes slide-on-banana-peel type wackyness and fun in the middle of the play.

But yeah, I think if a foul is over-turned then you just in-bound it but if that's not a good idea then I'm sure somebody can come up with something better.

Just don't like the "first to blow a whistle calls the foul even if his vantage-point was terrible and even if it's obvious to the everyone else that there was absolutely no contact made" system as it seems to be currently.

Also, LOL at loving College-basketball and March Madness so much because OF COURSE this kind of thing could never happen in the NCAA's.
No...never in a million years do the refs in college-basketball butcher the calls so badly that they dramatically influence the outcome of the game and never in a million years would it be possible for any of the zillion refs out there to do something bad like this.

I like college-hoops better too. But there are lots of games, lots of refs, and lots of betting.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:32 AM

There is a comment from an ESPN.com on ESPN.com's front page that I like:

"Looks like the NBA is going to have to adopt playground rules … Call your own fouls boys."
Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, LOL at loving College-basketball and March Madness so much because OF COURSE this kind of thing could never happen in the NCAA's.
No...never in a million years do the refs in college-basketball butcher the calls so badly that they dramatically influence the outcome of the game and never in a million years would it be possible for any of the zillion refs out there to do something bad like this

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, has there ever been an NBA point shaving scandal? None that I know of. NCAA seems to happen every few years.