Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Whats the deal with Party poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant see how party and stars are so big if they have so many complaints.

[/ QUOTE ]
They get so many complaints because they're so big. It's not the other way around. People that are happy don't vocalize it. That's human nature.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you implying there are actually people happy with party CS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im happy with party CS.

[/ QUOTE ]

never had a problem here either, and Party promotions are better, and much more frequent
Old 03-03-2006, 12:33 AM

to each his own...
Old 03-03-2006, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im happy with party CS.

[/ QUOTE ]

never had a problem here either, and Party promotions are better, and much more frequent

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me clarify my earlier post.

Indifferent = Happy.....when it comes to customer service for poker (or it should at least).

I ran home games and poker rooms for a long time. We always had top quality customer service. But, you know who didn't think so? NITs. They didn't like the fact that we ruled with an iron hand. (Much like Party Poker) We were very set in our ways. NITs hated us and fish loved us. The only reason the NITs played was because of the fish. Sure, we took advice and suggestions from the players, but most of the time, we didn't wanna hear it. Some of the suggestions were outright dumb and others were impractical.

Fish liked us because we were outgoing and friendly. NITs didn't care about friendly...they just wanted what they wanted and were pissed all the time because they never got it.

TAGs (not NITs, TAGs) on the other hand liked us as well. See the difference?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im happy with party CS.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me clarify my earlier post.

Indifferent = Happy.....when it comes to customer service for poker (or it should at least).

I ran home games and poker rooms for a long time. We always had top quality customer service. But, you know who didn't think so? NITs. They didn't like the fact that we ruled with an iron hand. (Much like Party Poker) We were very set in our ways. NITs hated us and fish loved us. The only reason the NITs played was because of the fish. Sure, we took advice and suggestions from the players, but most of the time, we didn't wanna hear it. Some of the suggestions were outright dumb and others were impractical.

Fish liked us because we were outgoing and friendly. NITs didn't care about friendly...they just wanted what they wanted and were pissed all the time because they never got it.

TAGs (not NITs, TAGs) on the other hand liked us as well. See the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Their software [censored] up people’s computers. I'm sorry to be a nit, but I'd rather not have to run the risk of reinstalling every app on my computer because party is to STUPID to put out workable software. This is just nit picking to you? And you think Party has top notch CS? That they're outgoing and friendly? What?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My theory is, Party figured out how to attract a high fish/good player ratio (namely, by having a terribly run site that "only a moron" would play on) and then the good players started playing there because of all the fish. Absolutely brilliant plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is changing now. The fish are no longer getting the reload bonuses to keep them around longer. The money is now being paid to the VIP players. The old system of doing reload bonuses and allowing rakeback was the perfect system for both low limit/volume players and high limit/volume players.

Eh, last I checked party is still the fishiest site on the net and the home site of the most pros around. I liked the old system better as well (rakeback from skins vs the same players) but haven't noticed a major shift yet-Way more limit cash game players than any other site at least.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Party never allowed rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true.....when party first started up until2003 (i think) they did allow rakeback.....i am a affilate for party and i remember when they used to allow it.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, last I checked party is still the fishiest site on the net and the home site of the most pros around. I liked the old system better as well (rakeback from skins vs the same players) but haven't noticed a major shift yet-Way more limit cash game players than any other site at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not mean to say the change has already taken place. The change is in process. The gap between Party and other sites is closing. I simply think this is just one of the reasons this is happening. Bonuses have not been given out for quite some time now for the non-VIPs (compared to how it was before the VIP program was started).
Old 03-03-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant see how party and stars are so big if they have so many complaints.

[/ QUOTE ]
They get so many complaints because they're so big. It's not the other way around. People that are happy don't vocalize it. That's human nature.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you implying there are actually people happy with party CS?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love party CS. I always get responses with in an hour or two, I get free money in my account when there are problems, and the people have always been nice and courteous. If you call on the phone you usually get a girl with a hot accent and big boobies. party CS ROCKS!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:27 PM

What is this VIP program? I've been reading the Party website trying to figure out if I should play there instead of my rakeback site. The Party Points promotion has a trivial return. I would have to earn 150,000 points a month to equal my current rakeback deal. Apparantly the bonus' are drying up and no one is getting rakeback? There are more poor players at my current site according to my earn rate comparison to Party (100K hands).

I think many of the larger sites provide a much better $ return on time than Party. This makes sense for competitive reasons.

Please straighten me out if I'm wrong, or point me to the info I need.

Thanks,