Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Two blind hands.

I'm reviewing my hands from yesterday and I have some blinds hands I'm not too sure about...

Hand 1

Folded to hero in SB, Q9o. BB is 31/0/0.2, fold BB to steal 36%. Hero... ? (I generally feel I'm openraising WAY too much in SB. What should my range be and how does it depend on villains? Raise more vs tight villains, raise less vs loose villains because a hand like QTo isn't so great when OOP while vs a tightie he pbb folds and if he doesn't you can put him on a range easier?)

Hand 2

Preflop: hero openraises A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] OTB, BB (27/14/2) calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villaon donkbets, hero calls(?). Not sure what I was thinking here, this was a table full of semi-decent TAGs so maybe I thought he was making a play on me and it's very possible I still have the best hand. IIRC I intented do fold to a turn bet UI, but then the flop call doesn't seem smart. Any thoughts? I guess on this flop a draw is also likely.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, hero checks. This is strange, why would he check here? He should keep valuebetting pairs so he has either air, a monster with FPS, a draw he hopes to see a free river card or ace high. Now that I think of it I should probably b/f?

River(3BB): 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets, hero folds. He has to donkbet a missed straight draw (57) or a worse ace high 25% here for a call to be correct, I don't think that's very likely. He pbb would fire again with a draw on the turn no?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Two blind hands.

if villain is passive preflop you can get away with open limping your more marginal hands, then leading a lot of flops. you tend to get more respect I find because they don't automatically put you on high cards and play back at you on low boards. also the pot is smaller so they will give up more often on the flop.

Q9 is a pretty easy open vs anyone though IMO. I'm talking about like T6s and 79o above.

hand 2 I just fold the flop without a read. pot is small, I don't want to pay 2.5BB to show down A high here against a seemingly decent player.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 AM

Hand 1

your SB range depends on the blind structure and the villain. With a 1-2 structure against a guy that rarely raises but calls a fair amount I would raise top 35-40% and complete a lot of junk like 63s, 87o. Q9o is a raise for me. If he never folds I would raise even less. Maybe top 25%.

Against looser villains, you take hands out of your raising range and complete them instead.

Against more aggressive villains, you complete less and raise more.

Against better villains you play less hands overall and dont complete a lot. Open completing 63s against a passive donk is fine but prolly -EV against a good LAG.

If villain folds too much, say his fold BB to steal is 65% and I suspect he adapts poorly to my range, then I open any 2 untill I showdown junk.

BTW, when I open complete I bet any flop I miss and c/r any flop I hit. Unless that is villain never bets when checked to. Usually they do tho.

Some here will say "plz dont open complete". Dont listen! Its perfectly fine against a lot of villains.

Hand 2.

I think I bet/fold the turn. Since he gave up I want to put in the final bet on the turn and not the river UI. Its a weird line for villain, and I would like to have a read. I wouldnt call the river. Tiny pot and the flush got there.

EDIT: Oh, and I peel the flop as well. Giving up here is too tight IMO
Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 AM

eh you could be right about the flop in hand 2. that board is so draw heavy there are tons of flush and straight draws that the BB can have. it just sucks because some players will play weak made hands like this as well while others will only donk with their draws, and we don't have a read.

also because it is so draw heavy we aren't sure what turn and river cards hurt us and could end up folding the best hand or calling more bets drawing dead/thin. would you call down the turn and river if they bricked off?

I would like a peel a lot more if we had a BDFD so that we can continue on a heart turn and take some pots down from busted straight draws that give up on the river.

hopefully more people will chime in about the flop peel.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would you call down the turn and river if they bricked off?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I am calling to hit my 6 cards to improve and to see what villain does on the turn. Often villain will check and Hero can see the river or bet the turn hoping his hand is best and that he can see a SD.

With a read this gets a lot easier.

[ QUOTE ]
I would like a peel a lot more if we had a BDFD so that we can continue on a heart turn and take some pots down from busted straight draws that give up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I am not sure its a good flop peel in that specific hand, but in general I dont like giving up to flop donks in these spots.