Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

dmk you are saying you know the peek wasnt lastchance based on your knowledge of her at bgg
unless the wolves are full of bggers, how would they know that? i read it and think lastchance is the logical peek. whether he is or not, i think its logical for the wolves to think it, which makes lastchance an excellent wolf candidate

is there something wrong with my logic
Old 11-27-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b) being the actual SEER means she 100% got a peek...that is stronger than the <100% that they were seer-hunting

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a lot of assumptions going around. for example, the fact that she would even have a n0 peek

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi there. I am back. Work is just awful today, so I am enjoying gloating about my wolf nailing abilities. I am absurdly powerful, but not quite so much as it may seem. I was given powers to stretch over an entire game and I am using them up because my back is against the wall. I can use one power each day and night cycle until I am out of points.

I am gloating because I can purchase 'day armor' should I have to, and I suspect I will. In that case the second vote getter dies. If you must lynch me, and Nich is not the second vote getter, then you all deserve a lobotomy. I can excersize this power up to one hour prior to nightfall. For obvious reasons I would rather not do this as it drains my remaining effectiveness.

ALL I ASK IS THAT IF I HAVE TO USE MY POWER I KNOW THAT BY 8:00 TONIGHT.

It would be the height of stupidity if the majority swung from Nich to me in the last five minutes of day. If anyone has any rational objection to this plan I would love to hear about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so books is saying if we have to lynch him just make sure nich is second place
nich had a chance to roleclaim and didnt

i kinda like this plan

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the plan too, but GL getting it together.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi there. I am back. Work is just awful today, so I am enjoying gloating about my wolf nailing abilities. I am absurdly powerful, but not quite so much as it may seem. I was given powers to stretch over an entire game and I am using them up because my back is against the wall. I can use one power each day and night cycle until I am out of points.

I am gloating because I can purchase 'day armor' should I have to, and I suspect I will. In that case the second vote getter dies. If you must lynch me, and Nich is not the second vote getter, then you all deserve a lobotomy. I can excersize this power up to one hour prior to nightfall. For obvious reasons I would rather not do this as it drains my remaining effectiveness.

ALL I ASK IS THAT IF I HAVE TO USE MY POWER I KNOW THAT BY 8:00 TONIGHT.

It would be the height of stupidity if the majority swung from Nich to me in the last five minutes of day. If anyone has any rational objection to this plan I would love to hear about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so books is saying if we have to lynch him just make sure nich is second place
nich had a chance to roleclaim and didnt

i kinda like this plan

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the plan too, but GL getting it together.

[/ QUOTE ]

why even dmk seems to like the plan right now
Old 11-27-2007, 05:03 PM

QUESTION TO THE MOD THAT I CAN ACTUALLY ANSWER

Q: Is there any possibility of dead people coming back to life?

A: No, once a player is dead he/she is dead and out of the game. I do know that several dead people have asked me not to tell them roles though so I would prefer if you all did not reveal your roles to dead people.

Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 05:05 PM

mets, i'm saying that

a) i still feel that cincity was killed by revolution (i.e. wasn't a seer hunt)
b) we don't know if she even had a n0 peek
c) given my history w/ her, i feel that her peek is more likely kyro than lastchance simply due to the way the game is played at BGG (its way more RP, and seers don't typically give much in the way of hints. there are some glaring examples of this, but i couldn't tell you what games to reference because it was almost a year ago now)

i guess it boils down to me thinking she was killed by revolution and not the govt due to the wording of the writeup. no one else agrees though, so i'm probably wrong. but i'm not convinced enough to change my viewpoint
Old 11-27-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that books gave a specific role for nich is very strong, honestly

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's not strong.

It's pretty safe to assume that there's a vice president in this game...or at least that it's a believable peek claim. Think about it, if you were to make up a role, would VP enter your mind?

I can't believe I'm even making these LDO statements. :/
Old 11-27-2007, 05:09 PM

ok, lets put it this way:

it makes it 23525325% less likely that they are both wolves since it'd be retarded to do that w/ the VP

it doesnt' matter, this should be cleared up tomorrow

i do still feel strongly about lastchance not being a peek/cincity not being seer-hunted. but watch lastchance be a wolf anyway and i'll be the LVP, whatever
Old 11-27-2007, 05:14 PM

ok, i'll pop my head back in before i go to bed, but if it's not radically different i pro'lly won't post much.

Brag: +3 buyins in 85 hands today.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:18 PM

Ok I found a computer in school to use

So if Books does have a lynch avoiding power of some sort, as any role, then the right line is to have him be the leading vote-getter, nich second.

It seems the village has vig kills or at the very least there is a serial killer who can take out LC at night anyway.

Its weird that out of the ~10 people who are actively posting, I think almost all of them are wolfy. I don't know that if this is a function of all the powers in this game or what, but maybe my reads are really off.