Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: $114 hand vs. Ryanghall

I think I fold JJ the first time I see Ryan do this, but I'll be very interested in seeing what he actually has for future reference. I strongly suspect I'll see KK/AA but I've been known to see monsters under the bed.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:00 PM

I had QQ.

I should have perhaps reraised preflop, but it's close. Once eagles pushed, I put him on KK/AA so I folded.

I'm quite surprised he pushed JJ, as I think it's an easy fold.

Ryan
Old 04-17-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused. Doesn't ryan reraise any monster here? Except maybe AA, but a lot of people don't even do that. I say you can call and bet a safe flop, or push. I guess I lean towards #1, just in case someone behind me wakes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would ryan re-raise QQ-AA here? That's terrible poker playing. Actually, he shouldn't re-raise any hand that he calls with here. I think that ryan is calling this with TT+/AKo+ considering there are 6 other people behind him, I would think he folds 99 and lower/AQ-.

Folding jacks here would probably be the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You really want 2 more callers to your QQ? UTG+1's range is something like 15-20% here I would think. Did he just lose his chips on the previous hand? If so then he could be a lot wider than that. This widens ryans range a TON, and widens the range of those acting behind him. To me, his call here means he has a good hand, that he wants to see if he can get UTG's chips, but is a little scared of someone waking up behind him. Flat-calling with QQ would be horrible IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're terrible. I'm not even going to discuss why you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harsh. I'll discuss for him.

If you're going to push with 99+, AK behind his cold call, then he should be cold calling with QQ+ every time with the plan to call you and anyone else's push.

If Ryan reraises here, you fold JJ pretty easily, and you don't think much about it. UTG already pushed 10BBs into the pot, so what reason does he have for reraising here? The reason people raise PF is to build a pot for their big hands. This pot is almost guaranteed to be heads up or 3way at max, so he shouldn't be reraising any big hands here.

The pot has already built itself nicely, so the job has been done for him. If hes calling wider than TT+, AK, i'd be very suprised.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't he reraise KK, QQ and probably AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the same reason he wouldn't re-raise 99/TT/JJ/AQ/AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sykes has a point....
Old 04-17-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even going to discuss why you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then don't bother posting. People post here to learn. If you're not interested in educating people, stick to posting questions and reading the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be [censored] obvious to an expert sng player like suzzer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that obvious. I can see a case now for the AA-QQ flatcall. But I think you can also make a case for ryan's range being a lot wider than that, especially if UTG just lost all his chips in the previous 1-3 hands. If he'd been cruising like that for a while, that might be a different story.

Personally I'm not flatcalling QQ there. A lot of ragged ace and some king hands will call you, also mid-pairs calling for set value who can get away from a high flop. If you get an early caller or two, all of sudden everyone's coming along for the ride. I want 88-JJ to pay full value to see a flop--as I'm not going to stack them after the flop very often. And I want AK-AT to pay full value too. Why would I want to let them flatcall then bail on a missed flop? Maybe I've been on the $27s too long, but even with KK I'd be way too nervous about getting 2-3 more callers here. And even with AA my stomach sinks if I see 2 more callers. I just tend to put ryan on something like AQ.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:06 PM

If we know he is folding QQ. What does are shoving range become?
Old 04-17-2006, 04:07 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to Ryan, Paster, and Pooh.

Ironically though, if ryan knows who you are, you COULD push here and have him call with only KK/AA here. Some level 3 thinking here. But this is also the biggest variance move you can make.

But thank you, paster for discussing my point. I just thought it would be obvious to someone like suzzer to see my logic.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Hold that point.

I think it's pretty hard to assume that anyone is folding QQ here so it really doesn't matter.

Ryan
Old 04-17-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had QQ.

I should have perhaps reraised preflop, but it's close. Once eagles pushed, I put him on KK/AA so I folded.

I'm quite surprised he pushed JJ, as I think it's an easy fold.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I had you wrong, but at least this proves my point about why I'd push QQ here. You might have stacked him. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I'm not flatcalling QQ there. A lot of ragged ace and some king hands will call you, also mid-pairs calling for set value who can get away from a high flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Suz, the blinds are 30, the raise is to 235...think about it some more.