Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Default TT live hand

Not sure about the optimum way to have played this hand.

4/8 Live

A bunch of calling stations who go way to far with any tiny bit of any flop and LPs for the most part except for myself and Fishyak. He can comment further if I get anything wrong here.

Villain is CO who had 6 racks in front of him when I sat and by the end of the night spewed it all had rebought for one more rack. Yumm!

Hero is UTG with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raises, 2 MP callers, CO Calls(like he does with any raise), BTn calls, SB folds, BB calls. 6 ways to da frop

(11 SBs) Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who checks, Checks all the way around. 6 ways still

(5.5 BBs) Turn comes off the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who bets, CO calls, BTN calls, rest folded. 3 ways

(8.5 BBs) River comes the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checks around.

8.5 BBs total

Bet the river?

One of my problems in this hand is that I really had no plan other than C/F the river. This is such a drawy flop and with these guys a bet would have done nada to protect my hand on the flop. Anyone lead out this flop despite that, considering we were the PF aggressor here?

Only only other thing I can add about reads with these players is that I made it a point to show down more marginal hands cause they were so bad and were showing down such crap, and trying to throw in bluffs . Fishyak can attest to that fact.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: TT live hand

I don't bet the flop.The majority of the time someone here has a K or Q and if there a bunch of call stations and you've been showing marginal hands, there's 0 chance to knock them out. The river I'd c/f.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 PM

NH on all streets, IMHO. You had to take a shot on the turn and see if you could win it there. You won't fold out any better hands if you bet the river, and it's really hard to see a many worse calling you.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:20 PM

Preflop seems standard.

Yucky flop, I don't think I can c-bet. What was your plan if someone bet; to call? Two clean outs, weakish BDFD, really weak BDSD; ug, I'm thinking about 3 outs so I guess good enough to call one bet?

I think I would bet the turn here but it's probably the last money I'm putting in this pot. Qx and weak Kx hands won't bet at my table but they'll call down.

River I check too. What worse hand is calling you with this board? I'm more interested in what you'd do if someone bets... I'm not sure getting 9.5:1 is good enough to make a crying call here.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 PM

Good point reg, if someone bet the flop what was my plan? Problem was I didn't have a plan at the moment. I think I might have leaned more towards folding than calling on this board. The pot at that point was still not that large yet so if I cried uncle I wouldn't have given up too much I think. This bunch got really passive when I raised PF and would always check the flop to the raiser like they almost always do, so I got to see a lot of free turns even OOP. Or, a lot of free rivers with whiffed flush or str8 draws on the turn.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:18 AM

NH Tom. The turn bet is goot, and the river check is goot too. If anyone bets the flop or river I'm folding this no problem.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:50 PM

I think I would almost always bet this flop. It is unfortunate that your preflop raise got so little repsect. The pot is so large that it is right for the drawing hands to call almost anything including a turn bet and raise. As played I cf the river. ASfter it cheks around, I feel that I may be good.

btw - I played HG for the 1st time last weak and have never been drawn out on so much in my life. I left down a rack from the 8-16 table, still drooling from the lost opportunity. Great room.