Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 05:04 AM

Default Anyway to get out of TP here ?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

Ok this hand is probably ultra standard but I just started to play limit HE again and feel I am still making a lot of mistakes, including seeing too much showdown.

Is that one of those ? I just cant quite fold TP HU but I kinda know I am beat here.

No read on Vilain.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Anyway to get out of TP here ?

with a read you might be able to fold the river, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it against an unknown. Trying to find spots to fold TP for 1BB on the end in HU pots on non-scary boards is kind of a waste of time in LHE. If you start folding here people are probably going to start trying to run over you.

If he shows up with J8, KQ, AK, 88, the other J9 etc even 15% of the time then you are making a good call. FWIW
Old 11-19-2007, 05:15 AM

Ok and what about the turn ? or even the 3bet.

Is capping the flop bet/folding the turn a good line ? It gains value hands I beat and save 1/2 BB when I am beat. I am risking to be bluffed tho.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:31 AM

no building huge pots OOP and then folding decent hands (TP meh kicker) is a really bad strategy. If you have a decently strong but non-nut hand and you think it is worth showing down don't pump up the pot and then fold on the turn.

I would play it exactly as you did. capping the flop is bad unless this guy is a maniac, but you don't have a read right now. And b/f'ing the turn would be bad if you capped the flop because your hand could easy have 5 outs and you would be getting the 8-1 or so you would need to spike on the river.

I think you really played the hand fine. Once you've played a bunch of hands with this guy you can decide if their was a slightly better way to play this hand, but even then I would say the vast majority of the time your best line is c/r the flop and call down barring improvement to your hand or major scare cards on turn and river (K or A).
Old 11-19-2007, 05:39 AM

People spewing flop all the time. Never fold top pair just because he 3bet flop. No need to do tricky moves just calldown.