Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 25/50 squeezed pot

i think it is too expensive to do anything on the turn now
Old 11-11-2007, 06:59 PM

actually I don't like this hand for a squeeze, so I would much rather do it with garbage than AJo but as played i think this is a bet/fold flop and mostly shove turn situation..
Don't like the check on the flop against the described Villain...
Old 11-11-2007, 07:08 PM

I definitely disagree with this being a bad squeezehand.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Well we have a good equity here it's a weird table (we don't know what CO's tendencies are neither do we know how SB will react; if CO calls SB might call and we have it 3way..)
We turn our hand pretty much into a bluff, we cannot call 4bets/shoves and if we get called he has JJ+/AK most of the time. If an Ace hits the board we will rarely get action from worse hands and domination is an issue, if we hit an Jack we will rarely be good if money goes into the pot and afterall taking a flop is cheap and we cannot get raised out of the hand.
Whats the merit of raising AJ there?
I mean it's not bad bad but there are worse hands which I would rather raise cuz we don't care for a bet/fold and domination is not a issue.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well we have a good equity here it's a weird table (we don't know what CO's tendencies are neither do we know how SB will react; if CO calls SB might call and we have it 3way..)
We turn our hand pretty much into a bluff, we cannot call 4bets/shoves and if we get called he has JJ+/AK most of the time. If an Ace hits the board we will rarely get action from worse hands and domination is an issue, if we hit an Jack we will rarely be good if money goes into the pot and afterall taking a flop is cheap and we cannot get raised out of the hand.
Whats the merit of raising AJ there?
I mean it's not bad bad but there are worse hands which I would rather raise cuz we don't care for a bet/fold and domination is not a issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO was pretty aggro but vs his shove it'd be an easy fold and if either of the guys in between shoved it's an easy decision because one was a bad nit and the other a bad lag
Old 11-11-2007, 10:25 PM

Sure it's an easy fold thats not the point, but you have a hand that wants to see a flop cuz it can perform good.
If you have 72o in that spot you just want to take it down pf and wouldn't even call with it. Obviously 72o is just garbage but you lose less if he 4bet/shoves there. AJo is basically a bluff in this spot, and there are hands which will be less dominated and have far less value, so you don't mind folding them.
Obviously I might have sounded bad by saying the squeeze is bad, I think it's +EV, but there are many hands I rather have here and I would call AJo most of the time.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:51 AM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years

Fisheye, I completely disagree with your last post. AJo isn't too bad if say the button raises and then it folds to you in the BB, but once there are 3 others in for a raise and you are going to be out of position against the probable two best hands of the three, a call 100bb deep is very tricky without good reads on especially the initial raiser. I would much rather squeeze with this hand than call with it. I'd prob fold it more than call with no reads and 3 others in before us without position.

Drafts,

As a lot of good players have said, I would def bet the flop here. If you dont think he will bluff raise you or call light for a float, than i would be tempted to bet a smaller amount than a usual continuation bet because on this board without a King/set/draw, he will be very hard pressed to stand a flop bet + turn shove and a smaller bet on the flop will allow for a bigger shove on the turn.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:31 AM

I really don't believe that much in squeezes with hands that are not real squeeze hands.
Was the raise for value because we believe to have the best hand or a squeeze, trying to get better hands out?
If this is a loose game where ppl will call squeeze light, I don't like it that much here cuz domination is still a case and foldequity goes down.
It also doesn't seem like we will know what their calling ranges consist of.
We open ourself for CO to bluff 4bet us out or just jam a hand like JJ or AK plus one of the callers might have expect a squeeze and come over the top light / or play AA tricky.
As I said I don't think the squeeze itself is bad but getting 4,6:1 for a call (we only need below 18% equity) and we won't evict AK too often and maybe not even AQ.
So if we hit an Ace we have a good chance to think that this helped us and obviously we don't smash around big and kinda know to play timid there.
Irockhoess I hope I won't live the day where I fold AJo for 4,6:1 in the BB. I doubt this is ever correct.

I really don't want to annoy this thread with my squeeze conversation but it seems like the right answers have already been given and therefore everything else is cleared out.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely disagree with this being a bad squeezehand.

[/ QUOTE ] 2nd this
Old 11-12-2007, 12:11 PM

Okay since everyone agreed to disagree with me, why not try to talk about it instead of writing this short quotes down again and again.
I don't mind learning something new but it should be reasonable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]