Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Lounge readers and listeners, need your help!

Dave, tommorow I'll speak with Lucian and see what his thoughts are as to shipping out some of the novel in text form.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't expect a huge portion of the novel to be posted here, but I'd be curious to read a teaser. I also tend to prefer reading to listening to books. If I like it, I'll get the audio.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:48 AM

daveT, that Last of the Mohicans example is a really good one. Smart man.

I'll try to download it and stuff after I get finished with my big paper due Wednesday. College papers are not something that usually deter Loungers from thread contributions. I am special, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Heard chapters 1 and 2 while biking home last night. It was raining, so it was harder to pay attention than usual. I liked the second chapter a lot. I guess I like hearing about the Olmecs, given that I was force to study them in elementary school. The first chapter was interesting, although as I said, it was hard to pay a lot of attention.
I listened to a quarter of chapter 3. I won't to know what happens, the narration is cool.
I'll be flying tomorrow, so I will probably listen to the other chapters on the flights.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the input Enrique, glad you enjoyed it!

Spoke to Lucian today, he has an updated teaser he wants me to post, still waiting on the email. I tend to agree with those of you who enjoy reading as opposed to listening. Assuming Lucian agrees to putting up a few chapters, can anyone advise me of a way to do that aside from just posting them?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 AM

Well, why are you afraid to post them? Is it copyright? 2+2 leaves the copyright of all posts in the hands of the posters. Is it because you want them taken down? Well, you might want to at least wait until after the vB switch. Mods here can delete things, but not things that are archived. If you have other concerns, let us know what they are so that we could help you find some way of posting this that's acceptable to everyone.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:46 AM

Thanks MrWookie, if it was my work, I'd have no problem posting it. While I have a writing credit on the screenplay, I have nothing to do with the novel. So before I do anything hasty, I'd love to get the author's permission first. If Lucian gives me the OK, I'd be thrilled to just post the first four chapters, as I'm sure it would definitely get more feedback.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:31 PM

I think that there is a limit to how much each post page can take. Mr Wookie mentioned this limitations while compiling the beer thread.

Perhaps there is some way you could just make it an attachment.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 PM

Yeah, there's a length limit. You'll have to make it a series of posts. I have no idea what the exact limit is, though.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 PM

I have reached midway of chapter 6. I can see why Lucian likes chapter 4 a lot. It is the coolest so far.
Did he do a lot of research into astronomy? Mayas? Olmecs? Or is it just a bit of research with imagination?
I am liking the description of the lawyer, I plan on listening to a few more chapters soon.