Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-04-2007, 03:37 AM

Default brag: parlayed $100 loss into $10,000 loss

A little late to post this but on halloween I came home drunk and challenged yvesaint to NL $25 flips. After starting out superhot and winning like 7 flips yves went on a heater of his own and I finished down $100. Resolving to get it back, I opened up a bunch of 10/20 tables, where I promptly lost $9,900 more
Old 11-04-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: brag: parlayed $100 loss into $10,000 loss

graph or it didn't happen
Old 11-04-2007, 03:44 AM

I'm liking this title a lot.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:12 AM

wow this is something i can totally see myself doing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 04:19 AM

thinly veiled 'im friends with yvesaint' brag
Old 11-04-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A little late to post this but on halloween I came home drunk and challenged yvesaint to NL $25 flips. After starting out superhot and winning like 7 flips yves went on a heater of his own and I finished down $100. Resolving to get it back, I opened up a bunch of 10/20 tables, where I promptly lost $9,900 more

[/ QUOTE ]

i've done this literally like 20+ times... that said im probably up 6fig+ while over the legal driving limit
Old 11-04-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've done this literally like 20+ times... that said im probably up 6fig+ while over the legal driving limit

[/ QUOTE ]

... It's just easier to trust your reads, duh.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:48 AM

Reminds me of one week ago. BEAT

I am waiting around to go to DFW airport to catch flight to Vegas for friends 21st, around 1am? I go only to find 2 checkin areas completely deserted, and when I finally find one rep in an empty airport, the idiots at American Airlines [censored] up checking my bags and another guy trying to go to Vegas for some bachelor party that hes hosting.

While in line for security checkin, mexican guy comes over WITH our bags and says 'Do these belong to you?' We insta are like wtf yeah why do you have them. 'There was confusion when putting them on the conveyor'. So we are like w/e we will just carry them on give them to us. He then proceeds to make us attempt to put them in the carry on demonstration, which they barely do not fit and he tells us our only option is to either go without our bags, or wait till the morning (7am) for the next flight.

After about 30 mins of both of us bitching we end up on standby for 7am flight.

I live pretty close to the airport (15-20 mins) so I go back to my apt. to wait it out. I ask a friend if he wants to flip for 250 cuz im bored, he says 'more'. I say ok 300. We flip, I lose obv. Then I'm like ok reflip, I lose. 5 mins later I say 600 hes like ok w/e , I lose.

So I'm gonna cut my losses and just hit the bong or something so I don't kill myself before my flight.
About 1 hr. later I say 'ok 1500 last flip' - drawn dead on the flop.

I then return to the airport -2700 couple hours later because some douchebag can't put a suitcase on a conveyor belt, gg me.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well that's because you're durrr
Old 11-04-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reminds me of one week ago. BEAT

I am waiting around to go to DFW airport to catch flight to Vegas for friends 21st, around 1am? I go only to find 2 checkin areas completely deserted, and when I finally find one rep in an empty airport, the idiots at American Airlines [censored] up checking my bags and another guy trying to go to Vegas for some bachelor party that hes hosting.

While in line for security checkin, mexican guy comes over WITH our bags and says 'Do these belong to you?' We insta are like wtf yeah why do you have them. 'There was confusion when putting them on the conveyor'. So we are like w/e we will just carry them on give them to us. He then proceeds to make us attempt to put them in the carry on demonstration, which they barely do not fit and he tells us our only option is to either go without our bags, or wait till the morning (7am) for the next flight.

After about 30 mins of both of us bitching we end up on standby for 7am flight.

I live pretty close to the airport (15-20 mins) so I go back to my apt. to wait it out. I ask a friend if he wants to flip for 250 cuz im bored, he says 'more'. I say ok 300. We flip, I lose obv. Then I'm like ok reflip, I lose. 5 mins later I say 600 hes like ok w/e , I lose.

So I'm gonna cut my losses and just hit the bong or something so I don't kill myself before my flight.
About 1 hr. later I say 'ok 1500 last flip' - drawn dead on the flop.

I then return to the airport -2700 couple hours later because some douchebag can't put a suitcase on a conveyor belt, gg me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds nothing like the OP, sounds like you need a blog sir.