Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Unsuited Connectors

I review the bible on an almost continuous basis, and just two days ago realized that with tons of limps I should play 54s in the CO. Sure enough, yesterday I limped into a 7 way pot with 54s in the CO, and sure enough, I turned the wheel. It was glorious.

I think a take-away from this thread should be the following:

Use these questionable hands to work on your table image. If you want to up your gambooler image, get in there and fight with T9o. If you want everyone to think you're more nittish and have the goods, then don't. Seems like a fine place for "changing it up" from time to time.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I review the bible on an almost continuous basis, and just two days ago realized that with tons of limps I should play 54s in the CO. Sure enough, yesterday I limped into a 7 way pot with 54s in the CO, and sure enough, I turned the wheel. It was glorious.

I think a take-away from this thread should be the following:

Use these questionable hands to work on your table imagine. If you want to up your gambooler image, get in there and fight with T9o. If you want everyone to think you're more nittish and have the goods, then don't. Seems like a fine place for "changing it up" from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Here is my take. I used to dump them both up until about a few months ago except occasionally JTo, at the table descsription I gave.(what a nit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) Now I play them both because:
1. I feel a lot more confident about my post flop play
2. I can get away from them when needed
3. It is good for our image when the entire table has limped to us and we toss our chips in nonchalantly. It may look a bit nittish if you are on the button and constantly have everyone limp to you and you don't play any hand.
4. Position. Being last to or next to last to act is huge with these hands(or any hands obv). Also, it is only half a bet to see the flop with a hand that can win a huge multi way pot without the threat of having it raised PF. Even if it is raised by someone on our left, it will almost always be one additional small bet to see the flop with 7-8 others.

Okay then, if someone says that they don't play these hands in the positions at all even with kind of a table, I don't think that it is a huge mistake. I just think that if one feels fairly confident with their post flop play that not playing these 2 hands is passing up some possible very good opps to occasioanlly win some monster multi way pots. Taking down just a few monster pots can easily more than make up for the small bets ventured here and there in good positions.

War 9T OFFSUIT! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]