Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 AM

Default CAP NL Profitibility Question

ok i thought about posting this in poker theory or Limit-->NL but i thought here would be the best. ahhh dont ask why

ok i know we get most of our profit from out playing our opponent after the flop blah blah. so we are better off being deep stacked as opposed to being short stacked which is why we always advocate a full stack.

however i was wondering the profitibility of Cap NL. as we all know this is offered at all limits and caps the amount bet at 30BB or 15ptBB per hand.

i was playing this today and its kinda fun because with a pfr and one caller we really are just setting our SPR to 3ish every hand. making it all get in by the river if we have the right hand.

now do you guys think that a 9ptbb per 100 is attainable at this type of poker? IF not what kinda win rate do you believ possible?

Also in a game like this do we believe it to have More or Less Variance than something like full stack (100BB) NL? which begs the ever famous...recommended Bankroll?? question

idk just throwin around some ideas because i believe if the BR requirements are the same a good CAP NL player can make more money with his say 150$ roll winning 5ptBB per 100 playin .10/.25 CAP NL than he could if he were playin 10NL full stack.

Also n e one who has n e links of this being discussed b4 just link me there then mod trash the thread. thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: CAP NL Profitibility Question

Just some quick thoughts, so I not be entirely correct - I think it's obvious a cap lessens your postflop advantage. This in turn also means smaller suck outs, thus less variance. So naturally I would assume your winrate will be lower but more constant. Drawing hands lose a ton of value and are probably unplayable along with set mining. It comes down to a top pair game.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: CAP NL Profitibility Question

lets bump this one for the day crew
Closed Thread