Default Re: Too thin vs an unknown? [not joke thread this time]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
block bet is only good if you want min value

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess this is true since mediocre worse hands will only call. but if the villain is on the lone A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], do you think he might bluff raise a river blocking bet?

not to mention, a blocking bet might get a call from a mediocre hand from the villain which makes sense given his passive play. on the other hand, villain might call your large river bet, since it looks like the nuts or air. i think the major reason to bet large on the river is if the villain will polarize your range and assume that he has the odds to call with a mediocre hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving too much credit to an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a bad tendacy of mine ;-)

do you think most villain's will call with QK or QJ assuming that it's good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea, but to assume that they'll raise a river block with the naked A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or that they'll polarize my range is wayyy too nice to an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, but out of curiosity, why did you push the river instead of making a usual river size value bet?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:05 AM

I dunno, I guess I figured if I bet $52 and he shoved, I would probably not fold, and if he's calling 52, he's calling a shove most likely, so in case he were to just call the river I wanted the most money. Maybe the most FE against a 10 although no one folds trips ever.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
block bet is only good if you want min value

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess this is true since mediocre worse hands will only call. but if the villain is on the lone A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], do you think he might bluff raise a river blocking bet?

not to mention, a blocking bet might get a call from a mediocre hand from the villain which makes sense given his passive play. on the other hand, villain might call your large river bet, since it looks like the nuts or air. i think the major reason to bet large on the river is if the villain will polarize your range and assume that he has the odds to call with a mediocre hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving too much credit to an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a bad tendacy of mine ;-)

do you think most villain's will call with QK or QJ assuming that it's good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea, but to assume that they'll raise a river block with the naked A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or that they'll polarize my range is wayyy too nice to an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, but out of curiosity, why did you push the river instead of making a usual river size value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

To get max value out of weaker hands. We can't bet fold in this spot, check-call is pretty gross, since a lot of hands that will call a bet will just check behind, and any weaker hand that's going to call a 2/3 pot bet or so is probably going to call the shove, maybe even more so since it looks like it could be a bluff.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, I guess I figured if I bet $52 and he shoved, I would probably not fold, and if he's calling 52, he's calling a shove most likely, so in case he were to just call the river I wanted the most money. Maybe the most FE against a 10 although no one folds trips ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, seems to make alot of sense. i also doubt he ever folds a Ten...but then again i like your merging of ranges(just kidding).

but i still wouldn't underestimate your river shove looking like a bluff or the nuts, since many unknown villain's will just call and some might look u up thinking it's suspect.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 AM

standard. nh
Old 10-26-2007, 09:14 AM

played fine, nh
Old 10-26-2007, 09:17 AM

nh