Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 10-18-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: AQs UTG(El Foldio)

[ QUOTE ]
Does two pair count as "the goods"? I think you might see a chop, a worse aces up or queens up here often enough to call the one more bet (11-1, right?).

Is that possible given your read?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with 3 spades on the board.

b
Old 10-18-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I first saw the title of this post I was like OMGs you folded AQs utg? wtf lol

Onto the actual hand - I fold when I am playing well. Calling is probably a very very small mistake but it really doesn't matter that much in the long run IMO. It might hurt you long term win rate by like .01BB/100

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you make this call routinely against this type of player.

b
Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 AM

Oh.. yea ummmm....Good question. Basically posted this hand to illustrate that we need to trust ourselves when playing live.

Not to show that that I made a good fold but to show to trust our reads on a player when playing live. So many of us just always tend to go with the math when playing LHE when there are always obvious reads, players tendencies, habitual patterns when playing (even at lower limits like 8/16)). A lot of the same players we see or play with do the same things and rarely break character or their same habits, be they good or bad. Not saying that the math of LHE is not important cause it is huge

Don't just always call a bet because the math says you should.

Oh that Aces M, and I want to try and post one a hand a day and this was the only one that came to mind [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So many of us just always tend to go with the math when playing LHE when there are always obvious reads, players tendencies, habitual patterns when playing

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Don't just always call a bet because the math says you should

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still math when you take into account the player. In this case, the math would say not to call. The chance this player has a lesser hand is about minimal. No way this type of player is making a move on the turn.

I think many just go for the blanket, ABC approach and ignore how to really play poker.

b
Old 10-18-2007, 07:54 AM

If you think the math says you should call when you are never winning then you haven't done the math.

"big pot one bet" is not math, it's dogma.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She had a pattern of always playing these hands this way every freakin time. Any str8 or any flush, She would always go for the C/R and since she never deviated from this pattern the fold was easier than playing against someone else, getting great odds to call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've stated what she always does with her flushes and straights, but do you have a sick read on what she always does with a good two pair such as top pair and middle/bottom pair? If she sometimes plays two pair like this, don't you have to call?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She had a pattern of always playing these hands this way every freakin time. Any str8 or any flush, She would always go for the C/R and since she never deviated from this pattern the fold was easier than playing against someone else, getting great odds to call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've stated what she always does with her flushes and straights, but do you have a sick read on what she always does with a good two pair such as top pair and middle/bottom pair? If she sometimes plays two pair like this, don't you have to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had a sick read then the correct move would be to fold 4th with a 2-outer to improve. I say he got cold feet then mixed in some results.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 AM

The calling of one bet in a big pot was referring to those who are just calling on the end because of the odds we are getting to call, and not considering anything else.

Harvism: "If you know you're not going to be good, fold"

In this case I knew I wasn't going to be good. Simple as that.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The calling of one bet in a big pot was referring to those who are just calling on the end because of the odds we are getting to call, and not considering anything else.

Harvism: "If you know you're not going to be good, fold"

In this case I knew I wasn't going to be good. Simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

then why did you call 4th?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

then why did you call 4th?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz OP has a 4-outer on the turn (not a 2-outer).