Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 PM

Default AQs UTG(El Foldio)

8/16 live.

Villain is SB. She is an Asian lady who coldcalls too much and is pretty LP for the most part. She loves to C/R when she hits her draw hands. She has done it 2 time so far, once with a str8 on the turn and the other with a flush on the turn. She is str8 forward and has always had the goods when she bets and or raises and she never bluffs. Have played with her before ans she always plays like this.

Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises, 2 MP callers, SB calls, BB calls. 5 to the flop

(9.5 BBs) Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who Bets, One MP caller, SB calls, BB folds. (It's a 3 way!)

(6 BBs) Turn comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB checks, Hero Bets, MP folds, SB Raises, Hero Calls. HU

(10 BBs) River Comes the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB bets, Hero folds.

Since I knew her style of play and tendencies I could fold this here. With a different player, say an unknwon probably not folding 1 bet in an 11 BB bet pot. Some of you may say terrible fold. Some may not with the read and since I have played with her before.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: AQs UTG(El Foldio)

You're getting 11:1 on the river. You know your villain better than I do, but wouldn't she play any two pair hand this way as well? At least once in a dozen times? I just don't think any kind of read justifies a fold here, but I could be convinced otherwise.

GconvincedhistwopairisalwaysthenutsG
Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 PM

Does two pair count as "the goods"? I think you might see a chop, a worse aces up or queens up here often enough to call the one more bet (11-1, right?).

Is that possible given your read?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:56 PM

If I fold this hand, it happens on the turn. You're being offered 9 to 1 to draw at 4 outs, and while the implied odds appear to offer you an additional 2 bets (heck, maybe even 4), it's close enough that I fold to "save myself from tilting". Once I call the turn, however, I can't fold top 2 for 11:1. If your read is that sick, then good for you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 06:01 PM

Given your read, the river is a fold, but you have to have never seen her c/r with anything but a made stright or flush to make this correct.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 PM

Seems to me that once she check/raises on the turn the two options are immediate fold or call turn call river. I understand what you're saying about the read and why that justifies the river fold, but if that read is correct, then shouldn't the fold be on the turn. Also, is any line here other then call turn raise, call river just an invitation to others at the table to make moves on you?

Primarily asked not as a comment on your play but more to clarify my own thinking in similar situations.

Oh, by the way, long time lurker who's determined to actually try and participate in the community some.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 PM

I'd worry too much that she "put you on AK" and has A8/A5. I'd have to play with someone a long time before I could let that go to a turn raise!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 PM

I've folded like this where I just KNOW that I'm beat... usually by tossing my hand face up on the middle of the table and saying "I'll fold to your flush." Might as well make an impression if you're not raking chips. She's not likely to alter her play, and if the others don't know that you know how she plays they just might get the mistaken notion that they can bluff you.

If you called the turn to see if you could boat up on the river, I say nice hand to you, sir.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:29 PM

I generally don't like to give opponents the impression that they can bluff me. If someone's paying attention enough to try to take advantage, why would I want them to play less straightforward and more tricky only against me?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 PM

I don't think that's a concern here b/c Frond's fold is so read-specific. If he's not a folder (and I don't believe he is) then why not create an impression that's false?