Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: 25-50 HP... AK and stuck

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This wasn't a black guy with sort of a weird sounding foreign accent was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Big, tall, fattish, often sporting Roca wear and the like? I sat with a guy who looked / played like this a few times at HP & Commerce during my stint in LA.

[/ QUOTE ]

no this guy I played with was thin, and not particularly tall at all. I believe his name was Sam.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 AM

Hmm. Maybe 'Groes with unplaceable accents tend to suck at poker as a breed. I mean I'm prepared to believe that. (pls don't ban)
Old 10-15-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with just calling the turn.

We did actually go through this about a week or two ago... however, I found over the course of about 3 months worth of play at Hollywood Park... I was giving away a TON of value by not raising my big draws + over-cards on the turn...

In this situation I have at least 12 NUT outs with maybe as many as 18 outs... these outs, + fold equity, + the fact that I may be ahead... I feel a raise is required.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fine. Part of the reason I suggest you call the turn is you don't know how to lay down an A or K if 3-bet on turn and led into on the river (evidenced by similar post a couple of weeks ago). Another reason is with your image and the size of the pot, you're not getting any folds.

Another thing is from personal experience, that opponent is never donking the turn on a draw/air. I don't about your opponent, but I guess I have to live with your read. If they are donking with a draw (other than KT anything else?), I endorse the turn raise. But remember, if he has a better hand than you, you may have 18 live outs, but he has 26 outs.

I just don't expect you to get two folds with this raise, and I don't expect you to have a better hand. I also don't expect this river bet to be called by a worse hand. And I don't expect it to fold out any pair.

Garland
Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with just calling the turn.

We did actually go through this about a week or two ago... however, I found over the course of about 3 months worth of play at Hollywood Park... I was giving away a TON of value by not raising my big draws + over-cards on the turn...

In this situation I have at least 12 NUT outs with maybe as many as 18 outs... these outs, + fold equity, + the fact that I may be ahead... I feel a raise is required.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fine. Part of the reason I suggest you call the turn is you don't know how to lay down an A or K if 3-bet on turn and led into on the river (evidenced by similar post a couple of weeks ago). Another reason is with your image and the size of the pot, you're not getting any folds.

Another thing is from personal experience, that opponent is never donking the turn on a draw/air. I don't about your opponent, but I guess I have to live with your read. If they are donking with a draw (other than KT anything else?), I endorse the turn raise. But remember, if he has a better hand than you, you may have 18 live outs, but he has 26 outs.

I just don't expect you to get two folds with this raise, and I don't expect you to have a better hand. I also don't expect this river bet to be called by a worse hand. And I don't expect it to fold out any pair.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

do you KNOW this particular opponent? He will absolutely donk this turn with air, and air is a large part of his range. I suspect he was on hardcore drugs at the time, or has an IQ of 75ish. I am pretty sure it's the guy I am thinking of. If not, I retract my statement.

Anyway, I think your post is really bad and weaktight. We have the best hand sometimes, and we want to get it HU in a large pot to max our chances of winning.

FWIW, if villain donks an A or a K on the river, "knowing how to lay it down" here is not something I would wish to learn because in that spot, our hand is still often good vs this guy.

I am guessing your post is on the assumption that the turn donkbettor is actually UTG (who is described as passive?)

Forgive me if I am the one who is making the mistake. I just find your assumptions on villain's range to be made out of whole cloth.

Can we still be friends?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the caller is GOD-AWFUL. He seems to alway bet "weird" and his calls are even weirder.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't a black guy with sort of a weird sounding foreign accent was it?
I played with him in the 15/30 and he moved over to the 25. I wanted to follow him, because he played hilariously. Like, his first hand att he table, he coldcalls my UTG raise with J4o, and raises the flop with no pair no draw. Superlol. Another time he raised river on a 4 straight board and called my 3 bet with the worst hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I remember thinking that he was almost definitely high.

If this is the case, super duper NH and good read, but still don't bet river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... it's the black guy with the fake gold capped tooth and a Jamacian accent.

I play with him in the 25-50 Stud a lot... and he is HORRID... Ironically, I thought he had some weird name like Senagal or something... finally he told me his name is actually Robert.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 AM

Nope, I don't know him. I'll have to say that my personal experiences with donk turns are superseding the OP’s read (I read fast and replied faster on the iphone while waiting for Mamma Mia to start in Vegas). For this I apologize and say sure, raise the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Can we still be friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Garland

P.S. Just kidding.