Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 10-09-2007, 04:08 AM

Default 50NL, two hands I am lost in

Villain is 24/18/3 over 50 hands. Seems to play typically.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($49.25)
Button ($96.35)
SB ($68.70)
BB ($66.75)
UTG ($9.25)
MP ($61.85)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $8.5</font>, Hero?

I think I should have raised the flop...

MP is an aggro tag and UTG is a 41/24/2.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($55.45)
SB ($96.65)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($50.25)
MP ($65.70)
CO ($53.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.75, UTG calls $1.75.

Flop: ($9.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $9.25</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $9.25?

How am I supposed to play that flop, I feel like c/f is a little too weak but leading is gonna just get pushed off by villains raising with draws?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: 50NL, two hands I am lost in

Hand 1:
Villain seems decent from available stats, although the sample size is very small.
I would not cold-call his PF-Raise. You basically need to hit a T on a monotone, low board for TPTK, or a flush draw to really proceed comfortably. Anything else is just a lot of guesswork. Your goal is to make your decisions clear and simple as possible.
I think you have two options:
Re-raise pot, or fold, pre-flop. I think both are perfectly acceptable. Not many players can win consistently cold-calling raises with these types of hands at these stakes. You need to be the aggressor, raise or fold!
On the flop, you absolutely must raise, fold to a re-raise; bet turn, and probably check behind on river if possible with showdown value.
As played, fold turn.

Hand 2: This is pretty tough.
I would c-bet here almost 100% of the time. You have TPTK. Pocket pairs smaller than TT are going to fold as will random suited connecter type hands. Any action you get will pretty much tell you where you are, but you certainly don't want to lose a lot of money post-flop with this board. Bet and fold to a raise, but I think check/folding is really weak.

It's a really tough, unfortunate board, but you need to continue to be the aggressor.

Just my thoughts, I'm still learning as well.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:37 AM

hand 2 is perfect for a squeeze raise pf. Especially given description of MP, he's raising to isolate all the time.

If you're worried about a bloated pot with a marginal hand, I wouldn't be too worried; it costs you far less than flat calling oop over time though you'll lose the occasional mid-size pot.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 AM

Hand 2

on the flop i would prefer folding here, as u said MP is a TAG so there is only A10 and KQ we can win against, if your read is correct, he won't raise a limper with QJ Q10

this board is really ugly for your AQ, and as i said, against a TAG i would fold
Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 AM

For hand 1, preflop put you in a tough spot here. My first thought is that raising flop is really bad: You fold out anything worse and you get called or 3-bet by anything better. I probably call turn if I think he's capable of double barreling or he might be betting worse (KT, 99?), as he's fairly aggressive. If you haven't seen him do anything remotely out of line folding turn is probably fine.

For hand 2 folding is probably best. The worst a good TAG pots with on a board that wet 4-way is TPTK.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Hand 1 either rr PF or fold, as played I would call flop and the strongly consider folding turn as it looks like your getting taken to value town.

Hand 2 fold PF. as played fold flop. This is such a RIO spot.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 fold PF. as played fold flop. This is such a RIO spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand one: RR preflop, raise Flop. Fold Turn as played.

Whats a RIO spot?

Anyways, Folding PF is clearly not an option. I like to 3-bet pf here and pick up the dead money. If called, this flop becomes way nicer, no? Because we assume he 4-bets pf anything that this flop would beat us?

I mean as played, you're [censored] because you villian can b making c-bet w 99 and you just dont know. You want to be the aggressor and flat calling pf takes this away from you. I check/call hand two and re-eval turn. I don;t lead into the pfr.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 AM

RIO: Reverse Implied Odds. Win a small pot, lose a big one. An example are hands like ATo and AJo which make okay one pair hands and are good for a bet or two, but can't really get involved in medium-big pots.

The more I look at hand 2, the more I like the check/fold, maybe even a flop bet (although you have to fold to a raise). If you call the flop there's nothing to reevaluate on the turn, seeing your just praying it gets checked down: If he bets turn strong you're pretty much crushed. Heck, when he bets flop strong you're pretty much crushed. Any competent TAG, no matter how aggro, doesn't c-bet on a board like that multiway with 99.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any competent TAG, no matter how aggro, doesn't c-bet on a board like that multiway with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you are advocating mucking AQ clearly means betting 99 is a good play. If I se two checks and I have raised pf and this is the board I'm betting any hand anytime because I can easily have a hand that hit this flop, and when I actually do have a hand I want a history of c-betting 44.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Hand 1 - fold pf if it's raised before you

Hand 2 - 3bet to isolate MP to get a better idea of his range of hands, but as played fold flop, you're most probably way behind.