Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 11:30 PM

Default Re: preflop quiz...

1. call
2. call
3. call
4. call
5. raise
6. fold
7. raise
8. raise
9. call
10. call

by the way... a lot of these responses are pathetic.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:37 PM

1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop. I fold

2. three limps to you in the cutoff with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. limp

3. two limpers to you in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. complete in a 1/2 structure, fold in a 1/3, and flip a coin in 2/5

4. two limps to you in UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I'll usually want passive players behind me to limp this, but they don't have to be all that loose

5. one limp to you on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].I sure as hell hope everyone says raise

6. UTG raises, one coldcall, you're in the cutoff with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].Very player dependent. Raise or fold

7. it folds to button who steals a lot (he's 40/15 or something so he's the laggiest fellow at the table). you're SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].I sure as hell hope everyone says 3bet

8. two limps to you on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].Easy raise

9. MP open raises. 4 people coldcall. SB calls. you have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Hmmm. Very marginal. The table obviously sucks hard, though, so I'll call.

10. 7 limpers wtf? you're SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Same as #9. Call.

BONUS OMG POSTFLOP QUESTION
X. you see a free flop with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 7 people see a flop of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. you bet, 3 folds, MP raises, Button coldcalls, 1 fold.

YOUR MOVE FABRITZIO.

I call
Old 03-02-2006, 11:42 PM

1) fold
2) call
3) call
4) fold
5) raise
6) fold
7) call
8) call
9) fold
10) call

bonus) call
Old 03-02-2006, 11:43 PM

1. c
2. c
3. c
4. f
5. r
6. r/c/f read dependent
7. r
8. r
9. c
10. complete
X. 3-bet

Only one I'm not comfortable playing is T8s from EP. Depending on individual reads, I might raise number 2. But against micro donks all of these hands are probably playable.

I think the NPA has said something to the effect that we should want to play lots of hands against people who play poorly after the flop.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:47 PM

F
C
C
F
R

F
R
R
C
C

C or R since both are calling a bunch, but I call
Old 03-02-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. Nice that the pot is big, the A5 is going nowhere.

[ QUOTE ]

2. three limps to you in the cutoff with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I call, although this is my least favorite hands of all!

[ QUOTE ]

3. two limpers to you in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Borderline. I tend to fold, I like to have at least 3 limpers + BB before I call this.

[ QUOTE ]

4. two limps to you in UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. No question.

[ QUOTE ]

5. one limp to you on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise.

[ QUOTE ]

6. UTG raises, one coldcall, you're in the cutoff with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE cold-calling. Re-raise.

[ QUOTE ]

7. it folds to button who steals a lot (he's 40/15 or something so he's the laggiest fellow at the table). you're SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raise (I assume he has raised based on the description?).

[ QUOTE ]

8. two limps to you on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise. Medium-strong hand.

[ QUOTE ]

9. MP open raises. 4 people coldcall. SB calls. you have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold, esp. with 4 cold-calls. Awesome pot, but not worth paying a sb for.

[ QUOTE ]

10. 7 limpers wtf? you're SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold.

[ QUOTE ]

BONUS OMG POSTFLOP QUESTION
X. you see a free flop with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 7 people see a flop of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. you bet, 3 folds, MP raises, Button coldcalls, 1 fold.
[ QUOTE ]

Call.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:26 AM

1. Easy fold
2. Easy call
3. Easy call
4. Close fold
5. Easy raise
6. Fold
7. Raise
8. Call
9. Easy call
10. Easy call

BONUS: Very easy call? i dont think we can make him slow down with a trey.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:28 AM

the answers to 3 are amazing... i call 24s here.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:29 AM

1. fold
2. let's see a flop
3. completar
4. fold
5. punishment time
6. ford
7. three-bee
8. raisinbran
9. 10:1 closing, why not
10. mebbe
X. just call
Old 03-03-2006, 12:31 AM

Eh what the hell.

1. Fold. I don't even complete with this in the SB.
2. Call.
3. Complete. Gettin' good odds.
4. Fold because I hate suited n gappers
5. Raise that, yo.
6. Fold. Ain't worth it. Suited and you're on.
7. Did he raise or just call this time? Wait, what am I saying--I'm raising whether he did or not.
8. Call. No point knocking out the blinds, already got the button and I don't think it's for value. Let's see a flop.
9. Nope, fold.
10. What the fold
X. Fold preflop because I'M JUST THAT TIGHT YEAH

I don't think any of these decisions were that difficult.