Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is there anything ethically wrong with joyously pounding the raise button?
No, pound away 52 50.49%
Yes, but pound away anyway 13 12.62%
Yes, and I attempt to give my opponent a reasonable chance to return 19 18.45%
Not sure, don't care, pound away 19 18.45%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: FFB Ethics / Fair Play Questions

[ QUOTE ]
1. The guy who got boned is an idiot who was lazy and paid the price.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

C) When the trade was accepted, trade offerer IMMEDIATELY gave a WTF and objected to the trade, and stated he had absolutely no intention of making the trade at the current time. I feel this should have some say in the matter, especially in a league with friends.(Although granted, there is money on the line, additional money on the line between the 2 teams.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no difference. With money on the line and the trade on the table, I'm taking it, even if it makes me look like a douche. He knew the trade had to be withdrawn, and he didn't withdraw the trade. End of story.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:49 PM

#1 is fine. #2 is pretty lame, but that's why I always plan a week in advance.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:50 PM

speaking of which....

You're up 101-100. You have a QB left to go.

Is it fair play to sit the QB? Especially if he's Rex Grossman?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:53 PM

wtf how are people saying that #1 is fine and #2 is lame

#1 is a total angle shot. The trade was considered dead - it's just a function of the software that neither party rejected it. Clear angle shot.

#2 is standard. It is probably not a +EV play at all unless you are playing in a super-deep league. Picking up the best defenses and leaving the dregs is sensible.

kyro - I would sit the quarterback, unless there was reason for me to suspect scoring changes impacting scoring. This has happened before on Monday.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to clarify some things re: #1.

A) On CBS, the only way to see if you have a trade pending is by actually going to the trade screen. It is not something visible on your team page, nor something someone would be aware of unless he had played in CBS leagues before.

B) The trade offerer after week 1 made fun of the other person for not accepting the trade when he had the chance. Other person said nothing about the trade still being pending, and simply defended his position for not wanting to do the trade.

C) When the trade was accepted, trade offerer IMMEDIATELY gave a WTF and objected to the trade, and stated he had absolutely no intention of making the trade at the current time. I feel this should have some say in the matter, especially in a league with friends.(Although granted, there is money on the line, additional money on the line between the 2 teams.)

[/ QUOTE ]

thats kind of shady esp given yr friends.
C really doesn't matter given the rule set up. its the players resp to withdraw trade.

but B is kind of [censored] up given its obv u made it clear u considered the trade moot and no longer on the table yet were unaware that the offer was still pending.

u didnt get any offers for trades etc or ever visit the trade page in the first 3 weeks with all the WRs u had?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He knew the trade had to be withdrawn, and he didn't withdraw the trade. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. In typical leagues, trades expire/there is an easy way to tell if you still have a trade pending.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:10 AM

I didn't get any other offers, though I did discuss trading some of my WR depth with others.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:17 AM

well if u looked at the trade u would have seen there is no expiration date etc...but yr mistake was assuming that there was one.

technically its not cheating or anything because it was within the rules and the trade was never withdrawn. You shouldn't have counted on it expiring on its own when u didnt know if cbs was setup that way. 0evg0 has made trades and then withdrawn them and hes a total ffb newb. So u should have withdrawn or double checked.

But from B it seems justin clearly knew that u thought the trade was dead and had no intention of offering Moss given u were giving him [censored] about not accepting the trade.

so thats kind of messed up in terms of sportmanship but technically its not against the rules and there is nothing the commiss can do. its between u two guys
Old 09-27-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kyro - I would sit the quarterback, unless there was reason for me to suspect scoring changes impacting scoring. This has happened before on Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there was a slim chance I'd have Colston going this week with a very slim lead on Monday Night. I could sit him and get a guaranteed win but I didn't know if that would be looked down upon. Thankfully I didn't have to make a decision as I was behind going into Monday.