Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Couple of HU hands

Just going to throw a few hands from my latest session. Haven't played much this month so I'm trying to stay sharp. Feel free to comment on all or some of the hands. Thanks.
<font color="black"> </font>
Villian was sitting above a 100bb stack when I sat. Pretty aggro but had some leaks. One important thing to note that his 3bet range is pretty wide, hes not doing it with junk but has showndown A678ds and 5667ss where he 3bet pre, so something to keep in mind.

H1) CR &gt; Lead out?

Hero ($106.50)
Button ($116.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $27</font>, Hero calls $18.

Flop: ($54) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $79.5

<font color="black">H2)Bet flop or take free turn?</font>

<font color="black">Hero ($153.50)</font>
<font color="black">BB ($104.20)</font>

<font color="black">Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $27</font>, BB calls $18.</font>

<font color="black">Flop: ($54) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???

<font color="black">H3)Valuebet weak aces?

<font color="black">Hero ($107.50)
<font color="black">BB ($194.90)

<font color="black">Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $6.

<font color="black">Flop: ($18) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.</font>

<font color="black">Turn: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] </font><font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

<font color="black">River: ($34) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] </font><font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???

<font color="black">H4)Bluff this river?</font>

<font color="black">Hero ($124.50)</font>
BB ($177.40)

<font color="black">Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $6.</font>

<font color="black">Flop: ($18) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.</font>

<font color="black">Turn: ($18) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10.</font>

<font color="black">River: ($38) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???</font>

<font color="black">H5)Turn play OOP?</font>

<font color="black">Hero ($108.20)</font>
<font color="black">Button ($222.40)
</font>

<font color="black">Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, Button calls $6.</font>

<font color="black">Flop: ($18) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, Button calls $15.</font>

Turn: ($48) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

H6)WTF??? Confused on this hand. How light would you call?

Button ($141.90)
BB ($199.25)

Preflop:
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9</font>, Button calls $6.

Flop: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $11</font>, Button calls $11.

Turn: ($40) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $129.5</font>

H7)Easy call/Shove?

Hero ($101.50)
Button ($341.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, Button calls $6.

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $62.5</font>, Hero ???</font>

Old 09-23-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Couple of HU hands

H1) I like. I probably wouldn't have re-raised with it PF (just called), but if you're getting raised constantly, re-raising may well be a better play. On the flop, I like your raise, seems quite unlikely to me that he has a 3.

H2) I bet $40 here, as I would with the straight. I again don't see exactly why you're escalating this so much PF. It gives you less room to outplay him post-flop imo.

H3) I would've bet the flop at 1/2. I think I'd check behind here. You're far ahead a lot, but unless you've got him to the point of calling with KK or QQ, I don't see the point in betting. He's not laying down a straight, boat or any A that's ahead.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:23 PM

H2: I would bet 3/4 of the pot.

H3: checking behind is fine, I think you played it well.

H4: I probably wouldnt bluff versus a good handreader here, but against a fish I think it would be OK. looks like he has a weak 5 trying to induce another barrell on the river.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:47 AM

im not good enough in OPLHU

h1) CR &gt; Lead out
h2) i prob gve it up, cant assume hand he called with without hitting the flop
h3) i bet 10 and prob call him
h4) i wouldnt
h5) check/call ?
h6) i also confused without see your cards
h7) not easy but prob
Old 09-24-2007, 01:12 AM

h1- i wouldnt 3 bet this pre, as played looks good, as you side his 3 bet range is wide.
h2 i bet call shove
h3 yes
h4 i would bet the flop, as played no i wouldnt bluff
h5 ?? i check fold to a pot sized bet. probaly call a small bet.
h6 if you are button here, id check behind here for pot control
h7 i go for a checkraise call a shove. as played just looks like a math problem.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 AM

On Hand 6, I'm the button. I hid the cards because I wanted to know if anyone would call this lightly. I had something like AA3x for just one pair but I really thought about calling it for some reason. I obv folded, but the only solid hand I thought I could see him doing this with is the nut 35xx. I don't think, even with top set he risks getting the turn checked through. Also, he insta potted it on the turn.

I later stacked him on the turn when we were 200+ BB deep when he took this exact same line and I had top two and OESD on a non paired/no flush or straight board. He had top pair top kicker and a double gutter.