Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: And Another AA Hand

I'd call down after turn 3bet. Even with that level of aggressiveness, I still don't think that a pair (even an overpair!) is worth capping the turn unless I have a much better read on villain (e.g., caps turn with top pair, or something of the like).

EDIT: I've been told probably close to a thousand times that reads are far more important than stats, and I think this advice is especially pertinent here. You have a stat showing that this villain tends to be very aggressive on the turn, but I have no idea what holdings the villain tends to be aggressive with. And without that read, I'm not really comfortable capping the turn.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:53 AM

I would cap and call, or b/c, river UI.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i want to put another raise in ill put it in on the river will more information

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that raising the river exposes you to a re-raise while raising the turn does not?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"without personal history im just calling this turn."

why?

"call down; next time raise the flop"
"you raised the wrong street"

why?

mix it up. don't always raise flop. make it so that your flop calls are not easily readable as turn calls or folds. make your opponent worry that he can still be raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we really getting that meta at .5/1 now?

[/ QUOTE ]
that meta?

this is like the most common spot. you get donked a lot right? do you always raise made hands? do you always just call and fold the turn with overcards?

don't forget that calling and raising the turn is higher EV against certain players when they hold certain hands, anyway. say he has QT. he bets flop, you raise, and he calls down. you get 3 bb postflop. if you call and raise the turn you get 3.5 bb postflop the times you win. i don't mention this because there are downsides as well. i think that the lines even out in value (though don't forget the value of calling the flop vs. a pure bluff, which is a significant factor). the main difference is that it makes you less readable in one of the most common spots you'll be facing playing online poker.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:56 PM

also everyone putting in more bets after villain's turn 3-bet is applying waaay too much weight to his aggression factor over a measly 100 hands. capping here or calling and raising the river is a pretty massive spew.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize that raising the river exposes you to a re-raise while raising the turn does not?

[/ QUOTE ]
Could someone clarify this for me.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree. I don't think Villain learned enough from your betting patterns after 100 hands (esp. at this limit) to worry about mixing it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the guy data-mining?

I've said it 235987234098 times, and I'll probably say it 235789602839457 more: don't worry about THIS hand, worry about hands LIKE this hand. Mixing up your play is a good habit to be in, so when you come up against a player that DOES pay attention, you don't have to consciously decide to start mixing it up.

Obv, this does not mean mix up your play and put yourself in a -EV situation, but in a case like this where the two lines are pretty close you don't always want to play it the same way.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"without personal history im just calling this turn."

why?

"call down; next time raise the flop"
"you raised the wrong street"

why?

mix it up. don't always raise flop. make it so that your flop calls are not easily readable as turn calls or folds. make your opponent worry that he can still be raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally agree. im giving what i would do more than any other line.

i dont like capping the turn because i feel we arent ahead much at all here. there are river cards which could come and actions he could take which could possibly change my mind
Old 09-12-2007, 04:51 PM

guys i wasnt suggesting just blindly raising any river card. but if a 6, 8 or an Ace comes off or if he checks to me im betting. thats what i meant by more information.

i really should have just said 'call the turn 3bet and reevaluate river'

my bad.