Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 10:59 AM

Default HU 1/2 Bluff then Quads, two hands in a row

Villian seems new at HU play. Buys in for 120 and doesn't reload until he busts. Varies his play on the button between limping/min raising/and potting with the majority being limping. His post flop play is usually either potting or checking on the flop/turn, not many 2/3 psb or value bets on rivers from what I've seen. Just seems like hes lost imo.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($205.30)
BB ($131)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4.

Flop: ($12) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $11.5</font>, Hero calls $11.50.

Turn: ($35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $70.5</font>

And the Very next hand...

Its also important to note that I had been playing pretty agro. Had a decent run of cards have raised his limps a few times prior to this hand.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($234.30)
Button ($101.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, Button calls $4.

Flop: ($12) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

H1) Likes/Dislikes
H2) Bet (how much)/ Check (turn lines then?)
Old 09-07-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: HU 1/2 Bluff then Quads, two hands in a row

Second hand kinda sucks. These situations are always tricky. Do you think you can induce villain to bet? If you check/check flop and check/call turn will he stab again river? This play is pretty player dependant. Against a lagtard i prolly check and instacall to make it look like im calling down with KKxx or some crap. Obviously it sucks if you bet and he folds but sometimes thats how u get the most value here. Also a tough spot because the board is so safe and not drawwy at all. I probably end up check/calling flop and check/calling turn and lead the river veeeery weak hoping to induce a bluff. Curious, how did you play this? PM me if you want
Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 AM

1. What hand are you representing and what hand are you trying to get him to fold?

2. Even though its popular to lead out w/ quads if you are an aggro player, vs. this guy I think you have to check and let him catch up.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:19 AM

1. Not too realistic...Only hand I can see you playing this way is Kd Xd j 9 combo? I'd call in this situation pretty thin.

2. Fire the pot and then if by the grace of God he calls, check the turn.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 PM

J,

I guess I'm sorta repping a straight. I have two blockers with the 6s, but more importantly I just saw the weak blocking bet on river and having the 66 in hand AND having the opponenent check the turn I couldn't help but take a stab. People say they call thin here, how thin do you actually call in this spot and be honest.

Also, the point of the post was just trying to find the best line to take after a bluffed river the last hand. I don't really agree with Jbird on this tho...

"2. Even though its popular to lead out w/ quads if you are an aggro player, vs. this guy I think you have to check and let him catch up."

I think given the nature of the match that me leading out here would disguise more than checking it would. It would be odd for me to raise this preflop and to check the flop but still give action to any of his bets. I much prefer the line of leading and if he calls checking most turns and taking it from there.

Needless to say, he folded both times. I bet half pot on the AAx flop and couldn't squeeze anything else out of him.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:56 PM

1. No.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:09 AM

If you're calling with that weak of a draw on the flop in Hand 1, there has to be a float element to it, just calling with the draw isn't profitable. Therefore, you have to bet the turn when checked to. Bluffing the turn is way better than waiting and bluffing the river if he looks weak.

Hand 2, of course betting looks weaker than checking, but it doesn't matter. He's never calling the flop with less than an ace so the only hand he can pay you off with is 66. Your best move is to wait and hope he hits something or to squeeze a little value out of something like JJ on the river. Against a really loose player who could float-call the flop light and was a little smarter, you might bet the flop anyway, but against a weak/straightforward type, checking's def better.