Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: QJo Flop nut Straight Trouble on turn

Preflop - Fold

As played:

Flop - raise, raise, raise......You are getting action now that you may or may not get on the Turn. Get your money in , and theirs, when you can.

Turn - Bad card. I would call as I don't want to open up to a re-raise. I want to show this hand down as cheaply as possible now.

River - Call the bet getting 17:1. You can't possibly be sure you are beat and if you are sure you should have folded the Turn. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Peace,
Mygtar
Old 07-30-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since villain seems to be pretty aggressive I very much doubt he would've called the flop if he'd hit 2pair. I'm putting him on KTs, KJs or KQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ignore the possibility that he was slowplaying on the flop. That is what hero did after all.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:26 PM

i think everyone is majorly disgusted with my turn 3-bet but i dont think this is as bad as a play as you all think. villian could have easily had AJ or AQ which he raised pf and is now going to raise on the turn being as its harder for him to put someone on a king.

he could be raising here to get me to fold out a draw to protect is ace. the lead from the SB means really nothing to me because this guy had been leading every turn when he bet a flop. i called on this flop knowing more dead money from the SB was going in.

i made my turn 3-bet to clear out the SB and make it heads up against BB but when he capped on the turn i got worried thinking he would turn up something that beat me.

i guess its obvious i did call on the river and i only asked if u could lay it because i was seeing if anyone could make this laydown on the river but it seems it cant be done.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:33 PM

I agree that IF the turn 3bet is a mistake it's the smallest one of the hand, but it's not to fold out SB, it's for straight value.

Calling the turn cap to fold the river is absurd to even think about since if you're behind on the river you were drawing dead on the turn (unless you think K6 and 66 are in villain's range, in which case he's a complete spaz and a call is even more obvious). If the river was a K or double paired the board then you might find an opportunity to make a sick fold.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since villain seems to be pretty aggressive I very much doubt he would've called the flop if he'd hit 2pair. I'm putting him on KJs or KQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ignore the possibility that he was slowplaying on the flop. That is what hero did after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know .. slowplaying 2pair on a highly coordinated flop does't make much sense to me. This flop reeks like straight.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:35 PM

Oh, I agree it's a bad play but that doesn't mean people won't do it.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:48 PM

Sure. But given his stats, I assume he knows at least halfway what he's doing .. and does it aggressively.

It' hard to tell without other reads.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure. But given his stats, I assume he knows at least halfway what he's doing .. and does it aggressively.

It' hard to tell without other reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my exact problem given i had played 75 hands with him (according to PT) and cant remember anyting about his play as he ended up being a hit and run player. why u would do this at limit is by me. but he only sat for about 7 more hands after this one i came to that conclusion