Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: KJo early position equity

Yeah, I might fold in MP1, in MP3 it's an easy raise. I think currently I'm opening it from MP2. Unless the table is very tight, in which case I'll happily open from MP1. (note that if the game is 9 or 8 handed, as is often the case, it immediately becomes an opener from any MP.)

I see KJo as a hand you don't really want to play, so your primary goal is to pick up blinds. Then if they call after all, you have a hand capable of winning. But usually not UI... and if you do improve, you often lose because they'll only call your raise with hands like KQ/AJ/AQ/AK or pockets.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: KJo early position equity

you can stove KJo versus other ranges in a fullring game and it might come up as breakeven or with a slight edge.

from EP, given your positional disadvantage it's going to swing it into the -EV range. also, stoving it is going to assume we go to the river and since we will be checkfolding a decent amount of the time we don't hit that won't be the case. also, we'll often be in the position of winning just a little the times we do, and losing the most the times we're dominated.

KJo is an ugh hand pf in EP. it's more valueable in later position with fewer opponents.

this hand is a good example of why static preflop requirements in poker aren't any good. in EP it has little to no value most of the time, but in later position it can show profit.