Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 04:29 PM

Default little bankroll management question

im currently grinding it out in 3/6 full ring games being rolled for these limits with the money i have online. my question is how should i make my withdrawals from the internet so that i can still build a bankroll.

recently i came up with the idea that i can take 10% of my roll off a week. by doing this i am getting about a 200 dollar check a week and will still give my self a chance to build a roll for 5/10-8/16 game

what is everyones approach when it comes to cashing out poker money
Old 06-24-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: little bankroll management question

well it depends if you need the money for bills or whatever or if you want to build a roll as fast as possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2007, 05:39 PM

i dont necessarily need the money for bils but i think it would be nice to have. i just like it in the bank because i have access to it need i have to spend any.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:29 PM

10% a WEEK seems really steep. There's no way you could sustain an adequate bankroll unless:

(1) You are absolutely crushing the tables, meaning you aren't super swingy

(2) You already have a big bankroll (big for 3/6 Limit is probably around 5K+)

(3) You don't care about proper bankroll management [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 03:17 PM

Pay yourself an hourly wage. Deduct it from your winrate and then calculate your bankroll requirements. Keep enough online to stave off busto.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

10% a WEEK seems really steep. There's no way you could sustain an adequate bankroll unless:

(1) You are absolutely crushing the tables, meaning you aren't super swingy

(2) You already have a big bankroll (big for 3/6 Limit is probably around 5K+)

(3) You don't care about proper bankroll management [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that 10% is steep. A $5K bankroll for 3/6 is not big.. it is HUGE, unless you are ultra conservative (which sometimes I am [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])! A big bank roll for 3/6 probably around $3-3.5K which is basically enough to play 5/10.

If the money is not really a concern (for immediate bills or what-not), then why not leave it online to help you build your roll as quickly as possible by moving up and taking shots when you feel ready?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:05 PM

If you are fairly confident in your BB/100 rate, you can extrapolate this to figure an average BB/hour given the number of tables you play and your average hands/hour. Combine this with the number of hours you average a week to figure out your net weekly income. Then look at your current roll and figure out what rate you would like to build up toward the next highest limit. The difference will be what you can nominally pull out.

Example: Say you figure out you're averaging 2 BB/hour over the past 20k hands and playing 25 hours a week. 2 x $6 x 25 = $300/week. If your roll is currently $2000 and you would like to get to $3000 in a month, then you'll only be able to pull out $50 a week.

This will obviously be much more accurate over a longer term since swings will play a large part in your day-to-day balance. I would use a calculation like this to give yourself a rough idea more than plan a budget - but it doesn't sound like you're in that position.
Closed Thread