Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Exposed 7th street in stud. What to do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The player receiving trhe up card has the option of declaring himslef all-in. If this had been the first down card then all the down cards would be dealt up.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the WSOP the ruling was that all 7th street cards must be exposed and the betting proceeds. I thought that was a little odd, but a fair option.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, that is horrible. If people have already been dealt their 7th card down how do the intend to turn it up? Ask them to turn up the one they just received?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing Razz at the time, it was heads up. Thats how it was described. I knew it was a very weird ruling, but the same floor just consulted the rule book in front of me within the same session so I accepted it as a fact.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The player receiving trhe up card has the option of declaring himslef all-in. If this had been the first down card then all the down cards would be dealt up.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the WSOP the ruling was that all 7th street cards must be exposed and the betting proceeds. I thought that was a little odd, but a fair option.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, that is horrible. If people have already been dealt their 7th card down how do the intend to turn it up? Ask them to turn up the one they just received?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing Razz at the time, it was heads up. Thats how it was described. I knew it was a very weird ruling, but the same floor just consulted the rule book in front of me within the same session so I accepted it as a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

He either has a very bad rulebook or didn't read the entire section. If it is the first 7th street that is standard. Whoever was high (well in razz low) on 6th street will be first on 7th even if the 7th card changes who is high (low) on board.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He either has a very bad rulebook or didn't read the entire section. If it is the first 7th street that is standard. Whoever was high (well in razz low) on 6th street will be first on 7th even if the 7th card changes who is high (low) on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

The WSOP rule book is based on the Hilton rule book he told us, he was proud of that fact because he used to work at the Hilton many years ago when it was THE place to play.

The player whop acts first did not change, we used the best hand on 6th street to determine action. But both 7th street cards were exposed as per the ruling so neither player had an advantage.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:20 PM

Why can't they just burn the card and deal a new one?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has never been done this way. There is an issue of not having enough cards in stud. In hold'em there arne't really any hard feelings about changing an exposed card because nobody really has a hand yet. On 7th street in stud the players are very invested in their hands both financially and emotionally.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From my limited experience of playing live seven card games, that would likely start a riot. There have been four betting rounds already and now we are changing a card... someone is going to get KITN.