Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: 6/12 live question about Quads

In general...jam as much as you can in on the turn. Who knows what the river will bring that might scare them off.

In this...jam as much as you can in on the turn. Who knows if they'll figure it out? And if you're in the dream spot (quads vs. FH vs. FH), you've got to take it for all it's worth. These situations rarely ever come up.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure why you mention the bad beat jackpot. By the turn, it is impossible for you to lose this hand. No straight flush possibilities on board.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, though it would be pretty sweet if the 8 rivered. I agree with everyone, you're probably up against a diamond draw or a boat or both, no reason to slow down here. I've slowplayed quads in LL before but this is definitely not the time.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:45 PM

This thread should get locked IMO.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:11 PM

I think I now understand why they say the University of Chicago is where fun comes to die.

And raise again.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure why you mention the bad beat jackpot. By the turn, it is impossible for you to lose this hand. No straight flush possibilities on board.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that and that's why I didn't bother to mention it in my OP. I just thought I'd throw it in later. I was hoping at least one of them had a FH and would hit their quads also. I would have been fine with the 25% of the BBJ.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, though it would be pretty sweet if the 8 rivered. I agree with everyone, you're probably up against a diamond draw or a boat or both, no reason to slow down here. I've slowplayed quads in LL before but this is definitely not the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree although technically I wasn't exactly slow playing them. I was just thinking about slowing down the re-raises in hope that the river would bring even more good fortune but I can definitely see the point in re-raising again. I'm just moving back to limit after years at NL and this hand was really a funny one to me.