Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Thinnish River VB vs Solid Reg

[ QUOTE ]
if he has QQ then you are good betting. If he checks a K on the turn (I didn't see his af in your post, but I doubt he does)then you may get him to lay it down.... but is he 3 betting you with KQ or KJ in the SB.... I doubt it! Other than that... what is calling you that you are beating? check the river

[/ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt he c/c the flop with KQ, KJ, or anything with a king in it besides KK.
[ QUOTE ]
although i hate stupid comments just as much as you do, your calling range is whack

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. Do you disagree that QQ=88 for villain in this spot? Considering the fact that nearly everyone here hates my bet, it certainly seems like QQ=88. I highly doubt villain expects me to bet JJ here, so he should think I am either bluffing or have at least a king.

[ QUOTE ]
Only if he thinks you routinely call 3-bets with total crap, but this could be OK.

[/ QUOTE ]
We both have been 3-betting and calling 3-bets light in position this session. One RR hand earlier he floated my flop cbet w/2nd pair (67s on T7x board), and we checked down. He won vs my whiffed AJ.

[ QUOTE ]
i like the vbet, albeit barely. i def bet QQ here, and prob check TT.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree here 100%
Old 06-07-2007, 12:18 AM

Okay. In fairness, I will post results. I am probably a bit results oriented as he quickly called with 99. I do believe this is quite thin, but I still think it was the right play. It is probably too flow/read dependent in a marginal situation to debate about too much, I guess.

I still think he has AK, KQ, AQ, etc almost never due to the flop play. I also think that QQ=88 from his point of view, so if he calls with QQ, he calls with 88-TT.

Isura made a good point, though. He should be checking AAA or any other sets here as I will bet a larger range than I will call here. I could have underestimated how often he may have those hands. Its paper thin, but I like it.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:22 AM

I'd like to see an argument for 88=QQ here. i don't even see how they are remotely close in this spot. 88-QQ is such a huge part of his range here, so 88 and QQ obv don't do even close to the same against it.

edit: i would agree that in his mind, 88 is probably the same as QQ here for his hand
Old 06-07-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see an argument for 88=QQ here. i don't even see how they are remotely close in this spot. 88-QQ is such a huge part of his range here, so 88 and QQ obv don't do even close to the same against it

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be stretching it a bit...maybe QQ=99 or TT. My point is that he doesn't expect me to be betting TT-JJ here, and the general concensus of this thread confirms that. That leaves my perceived range as AJ+ or air. The the river is a great spot to bluff when we are playing each other light, and he knows it. 88-QQ are all bluffcatchers.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see an argument for 88=QQ here. i don't even see how they are remotely close in this spot. 88-QQ is such a huge part of his range here, so 88 and QQ obv don't do even close to the same against it.

edit: i would agree that in his mind, 88 is probably the same as QQ here for his hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty simple argument. If he thinks we're not betting anything 88-QQ, then QQ=88 here for him.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:58 PM

We both have bluff-catchers, but our bluff-catcher is at the top of the bluff-catching range.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ignore the nits

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty simple argument. If he thinks we're not betting anything 88-QQ, then QQ=88 here for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i was thinking people were talking about for us, i edited my post to reflect that right after i posted it
Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ignore the nits

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hero has to have a loose/crazy image for this play to work well though.