Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Thinnish River VB vs Solid Reg

I am actually a bit surprised by the responses, and this is not a bluff.

Regarding his range, the only way I see him having and ace is with some kind of A7 type hand that peeled the flop and found 2 pair on the river.
I think his range is much more likely to be 88-QQ along with 67s, 78s (not hearts). When I bet the river, he will most likely perceive my range as very polarized between AK, AQ type hands and bluffs with missed draws (from SCs, etc).
He will call sometimes with his bluff-catchers, and I beat nearly all of them.

The only problem arises when I believe he will C/R me with both big hands and bluffs with a reasonable frequency. With the stack sizes as they are and no history of this, I am not too worried about it in this spot.

I think this is much more interesting w/TT because then I am more likely to be behind his calling range if I have estimated it correctly.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont like at all

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am actually a bit surprised by the responses, and this is not a bluff.

Regarding his range, the only way I see him having and ace is with some kind of A7 type hand that peeled the flop and found 2 pair on the river.
I think his range is much more likely to be 88-QQ along with 67s, 78s (not hearts). When I bet the river, he will most likely perceive my range as very polarized between AK, AQ type hands and bluffs with missed draws (from SCs, etc).
He will call sometimes with his bluff-catchers, and I beat nearly all of them.

The only problem arises when I believe he will C/R me with both big hands and bluffs with a reasonable frequency. With the stack sizes as they are and no history of this, I am not too worried about it in this spot.

I think this is much more interesting w/TT because then I am more likely to be behind his calling range if I have estimated it correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, but JJ is as thin as I would go here, TT I just check behind easily. I think he calls with a smaller one pair hand often enough to bet here, and though he might have a king or an ace or queens that he played really weird and might call, but I think he most often has a lower one pair hand.

I don't see how he can have an ace or king here ever unless he is pretty bad. A flush draw he would bet or c/r, and oop floating with high cards would be awful here and you said he was a solid reg. I suppose he could be slowplaying a big pair, but that is unlikely.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:18 PM

you're clearly now bluffing not vbing
Old 06-06-2007, 04:19 PM

Don't like it, checking behind seems so much better. How do we honestly expect to get extra value here.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please comment on my thought process a few posts up. This may be true, but let me know where my thinking is flawed.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please comment on my thought process a few posts up. This may be true, but let me know where my thinking is flawed.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think TT or 78s is going to call enough, but like you said there are some hands he will CR with. And also some hands he will just call with that beat you. You have effectively turned your hand into a bluff on the river.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like it, checking behind seems so much better. How do we honestly expect to get extra value here.

[/ QUOTE ]

88,99,TT,76,78,

-will someone saying check behind also try to put him on something that beats us?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think TT or 78s is going to call enough, but like you said there are some hands he will CR with. And also some hands he will just call with that beat you. You have effectively turned your hand into a bluff on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
My point is that my perceived range should be close to nuts or air, so QQ damn near equals 88. I am going to keep thinking about this as the responses are pretty much all negative. Thank you for the response.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-will someone saying check behind also try to put him on something that beats us?

[/ QUOTE ]
That is exactly what I want to hear too. I really only think we are behind QQ here. A very small % of the time it could be A7 or an oddly played set.