Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Disappointed with Pokernews coverage

According to Pokernews.com (who is supposed to be providing exclusive coverage of all WSOP events, right?), Event #3 currently has 69 players left, but they have about 150 players listed as being still alive in the chip count.

I don't expect them to actually have up-to-date chip counts on all of the players, but how hard is it to figure out who is still in the tournament once it is down to less than 10 tables. Also, when a player is knocked out, shouldn't they be able to report what place he finished in once the money has been reached?

I know people always griped about Cardplayer making typos in their reporting of hands, but I feel like they are least had a good grasp of who was still playing in the tournament once it got into the money.

I'm also disappointed I can't click on a player's name in the chips counts and see his past tournament results like in Cardplayer. I think so far this switch has been a change for the worse.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Disappointed with Pokernews coverage

They do not have the places/cashes because of Harrahs. The coverage of event #3 has been somewhat slow today, but otherwise I think there doing solid work. It's really hard in the enormous nl fields to keep up, especially when Harrahs doesn't release bustouts. The event #1 bustouts was much better.

I say [censored] exclusive rights and just let the sites do their own work.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:05 AM

It does seem to me that there are far more reported hands in the early levels in comparison to previous years since this type of reporting started. I say good job by pokernews, with due respect to OP's opinion.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:21 AM

Its even worse. I have a friend that was still alive in the event as of 59 players remaining. Pokerpages has had him listed as a bustout since they had the chipcount list at well over 100 runners left. So in addittion to only ever updating a couple players, the accuracy leaves a bit to be desired. Its confusing too since I played day 1 of event 3 and I saw people going all over the place writing down and doing stack estimates from the side. That was what was great about last years coverage. You could monitor mutliple sites and someone would usually get the info you were looking for.....
Old 06-04-2007, 04:18 AM

i agree with op. last year cardplayer had a lot more info, and they had it faster. it was sloppy, but most of the errors were obvious.
this year pokernews has half the info, and its still not very accurate.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 AM

I'm biased because I work for them, but if you didn't already, please give PokerPages a try, the blogs have been fantastic, the reporters are of course describing hands, but also adding lots of interesting gossip and other information. We are usually completely up to date with live updates and chip counts.

Paul
Old 06-04-2007, 03:29 PM

i say this there were 4 events going at once yesterday, pokernews coverage is better than that of cardplayer and others. If you think you can do better, apply for a media creditial start your own site and do it urself espcially if you feel you can cover 4 events at once any better with like 3k players in the amazon room + spectators+ all the other media down there. otherwise stfu tyvm
Old 06-04-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

According to Pokernews.com (who is supposed to be providing exclusive coverage of all WSOP events, right?), Event #3 currently has 69 players left, but they have about 150 players listed as being still alive in the chip count.

I don't expect them to actually have up-to-date chip counts on all of the players, but how hard is it to figure out who is still in the tournament once it is down to less than 10 tables. Also, when a player is knocked out, shouldn't they be able to report what place he finished in once the money has been reached?

I know people always griped about Cardplayer making typos in their reporting of hands, but I feel like they are least had a good grasp of who was still playing in the tournament once it got into the money.

I'm also disappointed I can't click on a player's name in the chips counts and see his past tournament results like in Cardplayer. I think so far this switch has been a change for the worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I literally couldn't disagree more.

You have no idea how difficult the job they are trying to do is. They are doing an amazingly awesome job in comparison to CP last year.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I literally couldn't disagree more.

You have no idea how difficult the job they are trying to do is. They are doing an amazingly awesome job in comparison to CP last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think they are doing better than CardPlayer did last year?

I feel like CardPlayer made it much easier to figure out current chips counts and number of player remaining, etc. last year. And they also had a lot more videos...Pokernews only posted three video yesterday, and neither the photos nor the videos are divided by event, making it difficult to find what you are looking for. Unless I am missing something...
Old 06-04-2007, 04:51 PM

I think after the next few events they will get everything straightened out. I Do like how they have the 2.0 tags that increase text size as the popularity increases.

I emailed them asking if I could help for the USPC in the fall. I assume they do coverage of all major tournaments.