Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 07:08 AM

Default 10 from money bubble - AQs hand facing probe bet from SB

Full Tilt Poker $24+2 Pot Limit Holdem Big Blind is t800

relevent stacks listed, 7 handed, 24 players remain 18 places paid, new table to me. BB played a few showdowns, others are unknowns

BB (t44395)
UTG (t17000)
Hero (t31975)
SB (t23500)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="red">UTG raises t2800, Hero calls t2800, SB calls t2800,</font> <font color="#666666"> BB folds </font>

Flop: (t9200) A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],
<font color="red">SB bets t6800,</font><font color="#666666">UTG folds </font> <font color="red">Hero raises t0 t19000 </font>
Old 02-12-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: 10 from money bubble - AQs hand facing probe bet from SB

I like the re-raise post flop.

Preflop - re-raise him instead of calling ?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the re-raise post flop.

Preflop - re-raise him instead of calling ?

[/ QUOTE ]

PF is fine. Too many players still to act and you really have to respect an utg raise. Flop is meh, okay. Mostly only a better hand is going to call you. 2 pair, set or AK. WA/WB. If you feel you are ahead, let him get it in on the turn, you can always bet the turn if he checks, to keep him from drawing for free on the river. Worst scenario to let him draw to is the flush, everything else is drawing rather thin.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:46 AM

seems standard to me
Old 02-12-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems standard to me

[/ QUOTE ] Pot is like 13k to you. You are pretty much going broke here either way. Why fold out worse A's or even KK, QQ type hands that are drawing thin. The only reason to raise this is if you think this idiot is dum enough to lead out against TWO EP players on an A high flop with a draw. Not very likely. Get his chips the best way you can. You are folding out any weaker aces and other worse hands.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems standard to me

[/ QUOTE ] Pot is like 13k to you. You are pretty much going broke here either way. Why fold out worse A's or even KK, QQ type hands that are drawing thin. The only reason to raise this is if you think this idiot is dum enough to lead out against TWO EP players on an A high flop with a draw. Not very likely. Get his chips the best way you can. You are folding out any weaker aces and other worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't go through this reasoning myself, and assumed SB would bet with Ax obv, but not neccesarily KK/QQ with a board like this with a UTG raiser and caller

I put SB all-in to put him to a decision on the hand since it was 1 table from the money

[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine. Too many players still to act and you really have to respect an utg raise. Flop is meh, okay. Mostly only a better hand is going to call you. 2 pair, set or AK. WA/WB. If you feel you are ahead, let him get it in on the turn, you can always bet the turn if he checks, to keep him from drawing for free on the river. Worst scenario to let him draw to is the flush, everything else is drawing rather thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

If UTG bets/calls/raises I was folding, the SB probing out threw me for a loop