Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Weird AA line...

Your assumptions are flawed because the fundamental problem here is that TAGs often incorrectly assumes laggy players will bet with absolutely anything because it's been checked around. In reality his FE is pretty close to zero.

I suppose I should point out that I was actually the villain in this hand and the coaching thing was BS.

It's multiway and a loose passive table so they only one pair hand I would be betting even in position that I would fold to a c/r here would be KKxx, but against a player this tight (his PFR<3%) I probably check. KQJT or something similar I would probably check behind and take a free card especially since I know the Hero in this hand pulls those kinds of weird checkraises.

Certainly this play could be profitable against someone that is so loose as to always bet here when checked to, but I have been seeing it attempted against me pretty consistently lately by TAGs and the primary result is that it allows me to play perfectly against them.

I had QQ42, the turn was the 5h and the river the 7d. If I had raised my queens preflop and he'd just smoothcalled, then his play would certainly be more understandable (even though I am very unlikely to call with a hand he has in trouble).
Old 12-04-2006, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Weird AA line...

Wraps is part of villians range, that said I rarely raise or felt AAxx here. But thats me.

- B