Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Short cut to get the main pokerstars window

I used to press CTRL+ALT+X to get the main pokerstars window. Very useful when multitabling.

But after I updated pokerstars today ( I blocked the update from few months ), it doens't work anymore.

Any idea ?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Short cut to get the main pokerstars window

was that a feature of an AHK script you were running? If so, which one...should be a simple fix (I don't play on stars but could check into it if the original script author doesn't have the fix yet).
Old 12-01-2006, 11:12 PM

well I was using a simple way. I created a short-cut CTRL+ALT+X ( propertie of pokerstars on my desktop --> short-cut )and it was perfect.

But today I tried some new mods and updated pokerstars in the process ( I blocked any update from months ). Since this moment the short-cut do not work anymore
Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 PM

well damn...thought it was gonna be an easy AHK edit.

Have you tried re-creating the keyboard shortcut for the current stars icon on your desktop?

If you double-click the desktop icon does it still not bring up the lobby?

If that's the case, then you'll have to use another method to get it to work (and it would be a pretty trivial AHK script to write...basically 2 lines once you get the window ID by using AutoIT3 Window Spy that comes with AHK (autohotkey.com) I could probably walk you through that process if need be.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 PM

Yes, it is the case. So, if you can create an AHK, I will be really happy with it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is the case. So, if you can create an AHK, I will be really happy with it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryendal,

Have you tried re-creating the keyboard shortcut for the current stars icon on your desktop?

Stars update probably created a new shortcut in the Star Menu / Desktop (overwrite the old one) without your custom shortcut key saved.

You tried my StarsPlanner script yet? Can keep lobby up & many other things also.

BPN - why you never post in the SW forum? much AHK there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:17 AM

Mmmm, I tried to find a new short-cut, and I found one. And it works ! but strangely it is not pokerstars.exe but Pokerstarspdate.exe

So to get my main lobby back, I have to execute pokerstarsupdate.exe, very strange but that's it.

And no, I never use your starsplanner script. I used only big script ( tablenavigator ).
It is hard for me to read very hard all thread with new soft ( and I know I miss some great things ), becquse it is not easy for me to read a lot in a foreign language...

I appreciate your help a lot !
Old 12-02-2006, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BPN - why you never post in the SW forum? much AHK there

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good question, actually....and after thinking way too much on an answer, I'm not really happy w/ what I came up with lol. Something to do with getting little/no response offering AHK help when I was a complete unknown newb here...and getting positive responses in CTH. *shrug* collateral psychological damage of my 2+2 initiation I suppose lol. I'll have to start visiting there more often...I have no good reasons for not doing so provided I have the time...and I know w/ certainty there are far better AHK'ers there than me so I'm sure I'd learn something as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2006, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm downloading stars now...
Old 12-02-2006, 12:30 AM

just enter this quoted part in a new text file and save it as PSLobby.ahk or whatever you want then double click the file from explorer or My computer or whatever. (I'm assuming you have ahk installed and didn't want a standalone executable from an unknown source (me)).

[ QUOTE ]
!^x::
WinActivate, ahk_class PokerStarsLobbyClass

[/ QUOTE ]

Ctrl-Alt-x will trigger it (not sure if this will cause a conflict w/ the ctrl-alt-x hotkey you already assigned to the desktop icon...you may want to disable that one or change the !^x to a !^c (ctrl-alt-c) or something.

worked here...lemme know if any problems