Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: The Well: TheRempel

Here I come again! lol

Why do you hate RoundTower?

Let`s suppose RoundTower wins the hand you posted in the other thread, would that make a difference? I`mean... you would be the one having cashed in the WSOP ME?

I'm rebuilding my bankroll in pokerstars playing omaha. Should y do it playing PLO or PLO H/L? I think there are plenty of bad players in both, but H/L is full of them in lowlimits.

In your opinion, what is the strongest aspect of your play? What gives you the the biggest edge over your opponents?

Could you expand on how you read hands?

Have you written something in your blog since last time I check?

What do you think of omaha tournaments?

Thanks TheRempel, this threads are great.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:26 AM

We are all expecting gergery`s questions.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:56 AM

I'd like to know some details about your shot-taking, and am too lazy to read your blog. What is the largest % of your roll you will put down on a table? Will you ever break this rule if you see a live one? How often will you chase losses at big tables? If you do well at a table, and you get a large stack (say > 200 BBs) and there is someone else who is good that covers, will you take the money off if it's a good % of your roll? Do you consider yourself better or worse than Roundtower specifically at PLO, and why? Coffee or tea? What else do you do in your life other than omaha? What is your career PTBB/100? What are the biggest leaks in your game? Are you planning on doing this the rest of your life or are there other things that interest you more, if so what are they and why aren't you doing them now? How many times in the future do you estimate you will go busto? Do you read Kurt Vonnegut?

There, that should keep you busy.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:42 AM

Why do you hate RoundTower?

I don't. You are mistaking geneal ball breaking for something else.

Let`s suppose RoundTower wins the hand you posted in the other thread, would that make a difference? I`mean... you would be the one having cashed in the WSOP ME?

Huh? I am pretty unlikely ever to play in the ME because I don't have the patience for a tournament of that length. He's not gonna win that hand because he was drawing dead.

I'm rebuilding my bankroll in pokerstars playing omaha. Should y do it playing PLO or PLO H/L? I think there are plenty of bad players in both, but H/L is full of them in lowlimits.

I've played very little H/L, but from what I understand it's lower variance, so it may be your best choice.

In your opinion, what is the strongest aspect of your play? What gives you the the biggest edge over your opponents?

Probably my fearlessness. The money, regardless of the stakes, means absolutely nothing to me while I'm playing. My biggest edge probably comes from my knowledge base in terms of hand values and so on. I can call profitably a lot more than my opponents because I better understand the odds.

Could you expand on how you read hands?

The most important factor for me is my past history with that opponent all but the very best players playey most of their hands the same way consistently. This allows me to determine pretty quickly a fairly tight range of hands they could be holding. I then use that to roughly determine my equity against that small range, whether or not I have any fold equity if there are bets left, or whether I can call if my opponent is effectively all in.

Have you written something in your blog since last time I check?

I made a quick post a couple days ago but nothing since.

What do you think of omaha tournaments?

I think they are a lot of fun and I have had some minor success, but since I don't really play on PokerStars I don't get much of a chance to play in them. Personally I think non-rebuy PLO tourneys are completely retarded.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:49 AM

Is your party screen name a secret?

- B
Old 11-23-2006, 09:55 AM

I'd like to know some details about your shot-taking, and am too lazy to read your blog. What is the largest % of your roll you will put down on a table?

Ideally it should never be more than 20% but I am very good at breaking my own rules and have definitely played with 100% of my roll on the table at times.

Will you ever break this rule if you see a live one?

While I feel my edge is much larger in PLO against bad opponents than it is in HE, I am less likely to take a shot at the same level of PLO as NL due to the variance. Generally when shottaking I'm looking for a very aggro game where I can get in cheap (about 50bbs) and hopefully parlay that stack into a 2 or 3 BI win.

How often will you chase losses at big tables?
I try not to take shots when I'm losing, because generally when I'm losing it's not only due to variance. I will follow a really bad fish around to a level 2 or 3 times my normal BI though.

If you do well at a table, and you get a large stack (say > 200 BBs) and there is someone else who is good that covers, will you take the money off if it's a good % of your roll?

I don't rathole because I think it's unethical. If I make a quick score and leave the table I'm done for the night. It would have to be a very tough lineup for me to leave when there are still one or two uberfish in the game. I enjoy playing deepstacked and generally something is wrong when I've been at a table for few hours and don't have > 300BB's.

Do you consider yourself better or worse than Roundtower specifically at PLO, and why?

I really don't know. We've played less than 100 hands together. In terms of experience I have probably played quite a lot more hands than him, but that means little.

Coffee or tea?

Coffee, black, with lots of sugar. Lotttttts of sugar.

What else do you do in your life other than omaha?

Sadly not much these days.

What is your career PTBB/100?

That varies wildly from level to level. Unfortunately I decided to split up my PTO databases back in the summer based on month so I can't readily access that data. Currently I'm running at 76BB/100 in the Party $200 PLO game this month but obviously that's a small sample and I am running super hot. The game is so good however that I think I can easily maintain 15-20BB/100 with no problem.

What are the biggest leaks in your game?
Bluffing call stations.

Are you planning on doing this the rest of your life or are there other things that interest you more, if so what are they and why aren't you doing them now?

I've considered a lot of things. I would like to get into real estate at some point when I have enough liquid assets. I have also thought about culinary school. I love to cook.

How many times in the future do you estimate you will go busto?

Depends on your definition of busto. Given my tendencies I am sure my br will be close to 0 at some points but I am working on converting some of my poker income into other assets to fall back on during these times.

Do you read Kurt Vonnegut?

I have most of his books in hardback but haven't read any in a few years. He is definitely on of my top 5 writers.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:56 AM

Is your party screen name a secret?

Yeah I used to get so much heat from using TheRempel on stars that I make every attempt to keep my SN's on other sites secret. Also I don't feel comfortable telling people how I play when they can sit down with me whenever they feel like. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2006, 01:22 PM

"People have this oddball idea that your cards matter more in PLO than they do in NL,"

finally someone said it, why do ppl complain about preflop in omaha. if your have decent position it really doesnt matter.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:01 PM

What will/is your strategy for rebuilding after busting your bankroll? If you have a month from 50 to 1000? If you have 4 months?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:50 PM

What levels do you play? IDK if this has been asked.