Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 AM

Default The Well: TheRempel

If RoundTower can do it I can too.

Ask away..
Old 11-23-2006, 03:19 AM

Default Re: The Well: TheRempel

I just finished his thread and I am very excited.

~PLO noob
Old 11-23-2006, 04:10 AM

what is your fav season of the wire?
the most you won/lost in one day?

how many hands do you play on avg a month?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:35 AM

Are you and Beset actually the same person?

If you could have known one thing you know now before you began playing omaha what would it be?

Why don't more sites spread 6m PLO?

AAJT rainbow or AA84 double suited?

Rolf Slotboom, Big Dave D, BluffThis and Durrr, fight to the death, who wins (no weapons allowed)?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:37 AM

what is your fav season of the wire?

Season 4 definitely. Takes the show to a whole new level. If 5 is any better my head will explode.

the most you won/lost in one day?

Most won was like $15,000. Pretty good considering my BR was about 8K previous to that.

Most lost was $25K. Played a raw raw hand at 50/100 PLO on UB and went on serious tilt.

how many hands do you play on avg a month?

In total, about 120k-140k. The last few months I haven't really played PLO at all, but I've started again and am running sicker than Jesus. I tend to played long sessions so it's not that uncommon for me to play 10k hands in a day. Currently the total is about 20% PLO and 80% NL, since 6max averages about 100 hands an hour whereas full ring plo is more like 40.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:44 AM

Are you and Beset actually the same person?

No but he wants to have my babies.

If you could have known one thing you know now before you began playing omaha what would it be?

Playing poker for a living is 1000 times better than working even when you run worse than you would have thought possible.

Why don't more sites spread 6m PLO?

Because they believe, whether true or not, that fish will go broke faster and not contribute as much rake.

AAJT rainbow or AA84 double suited?

AA84 double suited. Fewer straights but you will make far more when you flop trips with your sidecards with the second hand than you will with the first. Plus nut flushes rawk.

Rolf Slotboom, Big Dave D, BluffThis and Durrr, fight to the death, who wins (no weapons allowed)?

Durr. He's young and wiry and [censored], and the rest are either:

a) Old.
b) Fat
c) Long haired Europeans.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:33 AM

was there somethign about plo that you learned that really made everything click?

what are some things about plo that most ppl dont know, or that arent written in the books?

top 2 plo players in the world
Old 11-23-2006, 06:29 AM

Therempel, have you read the slotboom book on omaha as well as any other books/have they helped you. Do you think the omaha games are easier then holdem to win at. What sites do u mostly play at. Thanks
Old 11-23-2006, 07:22 AM

was there somethign about plo that you learned that really made everything click?

There was a hand I played on stars pretty early in my PLO days where everything started to click.

I was in LP with something like J99Tss, having limped in a 5-6 handed pot and called a raise from the BB.

The flop came J85 rainbow, everybody checked to me, and I decided to semibluff. Only the SB called. The pot would have been about $60 after his call at $100 PLO and he had about $75 behind.
The turn came a brick, something like a 2 completing the rainbow. He checked again, and since I knew him to be pretty loose with his flop calls, I potted again. He raised his last $15, I called, the river was a king or something, and my hand held up against his 79Tx.

Initially I felt very fortunate to have won the hand. Then I plugged the hands into two dimes and saw that I was something like a 65/35 favorite on the flop (including splits). I went back and looked over other similar hands and noticed a trend and a switch went on in my head. Blockers can
have make a huge difference in regards to EV and having even the biggest wrap with no pair can be a really crappy hand even when your opponent thinks he is bluffing. This drove me to look even closer at preflop matchups and led to some of the pretty wild preflop calls I've posted on the forum.

what are some things about plo that most ppl dont know, or that arent written in the books?

People have this oddball idea that your cards matter more in PLO than they do in NL, whereas against 95% of people playing omaha online it is much more a matter of handreading. When I play NL I usually have to have a pretty solid hand past the flop because once most of my opponents put money in with TP or whatever they are not folding. When I play PLO I can have any number of huge hands and the same opponents that are willing to back their stack with TPGK in NL suddenly find themselves folding sets straights and flushes to me in PLO because they are unable to change gears often or well enough to effectively combat my bluffs. If you are foolish enough to only lead out into a pfr with a strong draw and to check/raise with a set, then I can play perfectly against you.

top 2 plo players in the world

This is pretty restrictive and honestly I have no idea. Benyamine is certainly a candidate. I don't really fear anyone heads up assuming a high enough bankroll to withstand the swings of HU PLO. This is most likely overconfidence on my part however.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:29 AM

have you read the slotboom book on omaha

I have read bits and pieces of it but with my massive media addiction (I have 500 DVD's, three game systems, etc) I tend to pick things up and put them down again quickly. I will save any kind of critique for when I have read the entire thing.

as well as any other books/have they helped you
How Good is your Pot Limit Omaha? is a great book for players looking to loosen up and who are playing at least the $200 level and higher. The books by and co-authored by Ciaffone suggest a much tighter more straightforward approach that I feel works better at lower limits.

Do you think the omaha games are easier then holdem to win at.
Well currently I usually play 4-5 tables of 6 max NL on party and 1-2 tables of PLO, mostly because party has gone back to restricting players to 6 tables. Typically about 60% of my daily earnings are from PLO so that tells you that either PLO is easier to win at or I am a [censored] NL player. Both are probably true.[/b]

What sites do u mostly play at.

Almost 100% Party, mostly because the games are supergood since the US player ban and also for a reason that starts with R that I cannot say on this site. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]