Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 10-21-2006, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Quick Prefloppy Blind Battle (Maybe Basic)

Hmm I don't think your getting odds to call for set value. (My math does suck though)
Old 10-21-2006, 07:34 AM

this guy seems like one of the better stars players from playing the last few days. i hope he and straate start posting here

he is a bit crazy preflop and good enough to know that you're 3-betting light here, so i don't want to fold. i think i would shove right here. if he has AK and misses the flop, he'll be committed after his c-bet anyway, and if an A or K does flop, you don't want to get bluffed. he's committed with a lot of hands here and i like your chances vs his range.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO if vvvq is an intelligent player he's probably noticed that you haven't been 3betting much PF. To me, this is pretty important to take into account and I fold and move on to the next hand. I'm assuming full stacks in this hand as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know. i think any tag is going to be doing a lot of 3-betting in this spot, and someone capable of 4-betting light is probably also capable of 3-betting light (op said he got caught 4-betting light). bad assumption maybe though
Old 10-21-2006, 08:46 PM

foldfoldfold

also your rr is too small
Old 10-22-2006, 01:03 AM

Yeah you don't have odds for set value here. Hmmm. GT1T have you seen him 4bet like this before?

I'm just not inclined to mess around with a 4-bettor who's OOP. I certainly don't think it's worth putting the rest of your stack in right now. Rough estimations on that are that it's probably -EV. Also, if he's cbetting the flop every single time I'd rather just fold it now and save myself $100. I could see JJ/QQ just wanting to win the pot right here against your 4bet. I could also see AA/KK hoping that you'll stick the rest in there. Just isn't worth losing your stack w/ TT here and calling is a pretty bad option as well.

So, you haven't invested much, pot's small, you're likely behind, pushing now is bad... I like a muck.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if he has AK and misses the flop, he'll be committed after his c-bet anyway, and if an A or K does flop, you don't want to get bluffed. he's committed with a lot of hands here and i like your chances vs his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with this so I think its either a shove or a fold. I don't like a call if I'm going broke on a rag board anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

foldfoldfold

also your rr is too small

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a 3x the initial (+1 per caller) raise was fairly standard.

[ QUOTE ]

GT1T have you seen him 4bet like this before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope

Another thing that bothered me about the hand is that his 4-bet was smallish, like he was goading me to call or shove.
Of course he could just want me to fold while commiting as little money as possible too. I wasn't sure. Meh.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:23 AM

yea i wish i knew what i had here lol
i can't remember honestly ~_~
i think you folded though?
Old 10-22-2006, 04:00 AM

am I the only one who would just call SB's inital raise PF knowing that hes so TAG? you might as well try to peel off a set or have it whiff face cards, start playin poka and outplay him if you miss. otherwise easy decision if A or K hit and u can let it go and only lose 18 bux.