Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: live or internet or both
live 4 4.30%
internet 54 58.06%
both 35 37.63%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2006, 12:52 AM

Default TV Actors... better than the average movie counterpart?

I've been watching Lost, OZ, Six Feet Under for a while now. I'm looking at all these new shows and the actors from these shows are starting to appear everywhere. The problem is, I can't picture them being anyone else. They have been such great actors that I still see them as their character. I honestly believe a lot of the TV-series actors are better than the movie actors. However, is this part of a good script/plot/story?

Why don't more TV actors go to the big screen? They are more than qualified. Don't movie stars get paid a bajillion more dollars?

Edit: I suck with polls.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:54 AM

Default Re: TV Actors... better than the average movie counterpart?

I didn't vote because I don't like the options. I'm thinking that TV actors can get into their roles better, and TV characters are probably alot deeper and more developed than movie characters
Old 09-07-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't vote because I don't like the options. I'm thinking that TV actors can get into their roles better, and TV characters are probably alot deeper and more developed than movie characters

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I should have added a few in-between options.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very true. THough I will say that some of the best performances on the whole are by top film actors, but I do think that good TV actors give more consistent performances

as to why do TV actors generally not cross over is that I think that its really all due to the consistent job that they get on TV series. If an actor is on even one hit show for a long run, they are set for life. All of the friends actors really will never have to work again because of the syndication and the money that they made. Film acting is a very fickle buisness and one minute your hot the next minute you aren't. TV acting on the whole provides a lot more security