Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Big draw late in tourney...whats your line?

I think this is one of those hands, that with a huge draw, you have an opportunity to see two cards for relatively cheap, then make him make a tough call if you get there. I check behind here alot, because getting CR'd here is not good.

Nick
Old 05-31-2006, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The post above shows that you will win 35% of the time against a set of queens, so why put a lot of chips in hoping that you either steal the pot or catch?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well he doesnt always have a set of queens here.
-LL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know that he won't always have a set here, and I never implied it. The statement went with my entire post. The check by the villain on this flop makes me think he is trying to check raise you, why give him the chance? Take the free card he's willing to give you and hopefully catch a nonheart king for the straight.

Of course, he could have total crap and a bet by you will get him to fold.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The post above shows that you will win 35% of the time against a set of queens, so why put a lot of chips in hoping that you either steal the pot or catch?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well he doesnt always have a set of queens here.
-LL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know that he won't always have a set here, and I never implied it. The statement went with my entire post. The check by the villain on this flop makes me think he is trying to check raise you, why give him the chance? Take the free card he's willing to give you and hopefully catch a nonheart king for the straight.

Of course, he could have total crap and a bet by you will get him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, I was just saying that he doesnt always have a monster, not that you implied that he does, but you know. To be in honest in hindsight I still dont know what the best play is. If I bet and he raises me im almost willingly getting in as a dog, but if i check behind I miss a chance to take the pot if he would have folded or maybe called and checked the turn to me.

Results- I bet 9k, he pushes, and I call. He shows AQ and I hit a heart on the river. woot! Thank god I run good
thanks for the posts guys, any thought on his actual holdings? I guess he bets and I push on him anyway? Im not sure
-LL
Old 06-01-2006, 01:48 AM

If he checks here and is going to continue in the hand I see no way he doesn't have a set or top two. People slowplay hands they shouldn't. You bet too little on the flop, IMO, unless you wanted him to push. I either pot the flop or push the flop. Pushing is good when OOP and you're first to act with this hand, but in position I like potting it a lot better.

I'm starting to learn how important it is to put the last bet or raise into a hand, but this is a situation where it's fairly hard to do that.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:01 AM

There seems to be a lack of understanding of position here. Use your position. Check behind on the flop. This way you lose the least if you miss your hand, and gain the most when you hit. He is giving you a free card. Take his gift.