Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-26-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Issues with Parents

[ QUOTE ]
And people wonder why I got the hell out of Pittsburgh...

There's definitely a culture of staying with your parents well after you should have moved the hell out.

[/ QUOTE ] Unless something has changed in the past year, Pittsburgh has one of the lowest costs of living of major US cities, so you don't have much of an excuse for not moving out.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:07 AM

To everyone calling me pathetic, loser, etc.: You're probably right, I come off as pathetic in this thread, and I have been for the past few years. Being broke and not in school I have no one to blame but myself. I DO NOT BLAME ANYONE ELSE FOR MY SITUATION.

However, that wasn't really the point of this thread. I should have worded it differently. By next year, probably the late spring/early summer at the latest, I will be moved out and on my own and working and supporting myself. I just wanted advice about what to do after that happens, when I get the feeling that I don't ever want to see or talk to my parents ever again.

Basically I hate my parents, and have felt this way since I was about 15. This really doesn't have a lot to do with getting out on my own, which I plan on doing as soon as I can.

I can see where you call me pathetic and a loser and yeah it probably is true, but I'm working to change it. Maybe I needed to post this and hear it from other people to help spur change.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:23 AM

op,

how do you go about getting laid these days?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:29 AM

Sounds like me when I was 18 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously though move out as soon as you can...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:45 AM

When the time comes that you can afford it, you should probably talk to a therapist. He or she will help put things in perspective for you. Parent issues can really mess you up, and their negative influence can lead to a lifetime of self-defeating behavior.

If indeed your mom and dad really dropped the ball, you should seek the appropriate help so as to avoid living a life that you don't like, simply to gain their approval. Also, you shouldn't have to harbor guilt when do you seek your own path.

The teen and early twenty years are obviously strained between kids and their folks, but just because they are your parents doesn't necessarily make them right. And just because somebody else's dad smacked the [censored] out of them when they were young, it is not OK that your parents shirked their duties.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM

personal freedom... join the board and post your questions/feelings there...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Google Pathetic. Hit the "images" link. I bet you see yourself pictured there amongst the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are such a [censored] smug [censored]. Good luck OP, I'm sorry about the issues with your folks. I imagine getting some much needed space will be good for all of you. Please kick the [censored] out of this guy if you see him.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were your parents I'd kick you out of the house so fast your head would spin. You are owed NOTHING! You are a pathetic waste of goo. Sucks to be you, Loser!

BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing how many people are complete [censored], unless this is some sort of level. Aren't you the guy who weighed over 460 pounds despite his massive willpower?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Amazing how many people are complete [censored], unless this is some sort of level. Aren't you the guy who weighed over 460 pounds despite his massive willpower?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no.

I had a very hard time with my dad growing up. So at the age of 19 I moved out of the house and supported myself 100%, paid my own way thru college by working full time and going to night school, got my own jobs (I never needed daddy to drive me around), and never looked back. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished on my own. Any adult that needs mommy & daddy to pay their bills had better do what mommy & daddy want without complaining. OP is a pathetic loser who has blown tremendous opportunities and tries to blame his parents. He needs to grow up and move out NOW, learn to feed himself instead of sucking on the parent's milk. I have no sympathy for whining losers who can't support themselves.

My kids know that they were born naked, and everything they've gotten since then is mine, and if they don't want to do it my way then they can sure as hell leave and support themselves. Builds character. So far the kids are doing great and are quite successful in life and everybody who knows us says my wife and I are great parents. OP's parents shouldn't nag anymore, they should just kick him out and cut him off completely.. once OP quit college, they should have never let him move back home. After OP learns how to walk on his own then he'll appreciate what he had and maybe learn that his parents were right.

BB
Old 11-26-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move out, you'll begin to like your parents more when you don't see them everyday.

And you should be paying rent.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT