Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ikes, my obsession with the injustice is based off of many, many first and secondhand accounts of people being pulled over for no reason and ending up getting busted for DUI even though they were completely unaware they were over the legal limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know all those poker bad beats stories you hear, do you actually believe all of them? People like to dress themselves up in the best way possible to the outside world, even if you are their best friend or some stranger at the bar

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

- how are you preparing for this stint mentally?
- are you currently in college? if so, are you taking a leave of absence/get kicked out or what?
- how big are you...height/weight?
- you mentioned something about this being a "DUI Prison"...please elaborate on this facility and your expectations.
- how are your parents reacting?
- are you going to get a tattoo?

[/ QUOTE ]

1.I'm actually jsut trying to keep it out of my mind as much as possible until I go on the 29th. Jsut playing poker all day and trying to see family and friends as much as possible. While I probably should be preparing more, I don't want to have to start my time before it actually starts if you know what I mean.

2.I'm taking a leave of absence. It's jsut community college so not that big of a deal

3. I'm 6ft 220

4. Being a DuI prison means I will only be around people serving DUI sentences (other drunks like myself). I think this bodes well for me but it also has its downside.

5. My parents are taking it much worse than I am (my whole family is). This is the hardest part for me becasue I know the will be right there doing the time with me.

6. no ty on the tattoo.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:17 PM

In all seriousness jhog, good luck with this.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness jhog, don't drop the soap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq-
.08 is the point where skills are proven to deteriorate. study after study has shown this

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't there been studies done that have shown that since the drop from .10 to .08 alcohol-related accidents and deaths have seen virtually no change but the number of arrests has nearly doubled?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:42 PM

I'm off to go drink for 5+ hours and then inevitably drive somewhere to get food.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is a horribly selfish crime. not much different than running around with a blindfold shooting a pistol imo. op should be punished severely.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, statements like this are just ridiculous
Old 11-24-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Went to trial after my attorney found out that the road side calibrator had not been properly maintained AND the officer testified during the DMV hearing that she had improperly administered the road side tests.

After a week of testimony that all pointed to several errors during my arrest... the jury still found me guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im far from an expert here, but doesnt this seem like a case where its clearly best to go w/ a bench trial?

what say you, monday morning lawyers?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all u people that drunk drive are peices of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are all people who talk on their cellphones while driving pieces of [censored]? Is doing that the same as wearing a blindfold and firing a pistol randomly? Cause it's been shown to have a similar effect on driving ability, so shouldn't you guys be campaigning against that too?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all u people that drunk drive are peices of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are all people who talk on their cellphones while driving pieces of [censored]? Is doing that the same as wearing a blindfold and firing a pistol randomly? Cause it's been shown to have a similar effect on driving ability, so shouldn't you guys be campaigning against that too?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can hang up a cell phone when you're approaching a complicated intersection. You can't become insta-sober.

Also, Alcoholedu says that any two people (of the same build) who drink a certain amount will have the same BAC, but will just feel it differently depending on tolerance.