Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:07 PM

Default exposing deuces

a common thing people do in triple draw is to expose a deuce when they discard. what do you guys think about this tactic? and does it signify anything about the strength of their draw?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: exposing deuces

I think it's pretty pointless even though I have done it more than a few times, however I have also shown plenty of random useless cards that I'm discarding at times because I'm bored. If anything it hurts us because they now know that we know it is less likely their hand will be smooth when we could have just kept that information to ourselves.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a common thing people do in triple draw is to expose a deuce when they discard. what do you guys think about this tactic? and does it signify anything about the strength of their draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

When i do it (and I don't do it often) it signifies that the player knows that its less likely his opponent is drawing clean.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:59 AM

my general thought on this is that obviously it is to let people know that deuces are rare and discourage people from trying to draw against you and letting them know you know that there is a good chance that they are drawing rough. EV-wise you would *want* people drawing worse than you, but given the nature of triple draw, you really shouldn't min trying to reduce variance and taking down big pots so people that expose deuces when they discard are no more likely to have 8752x than 7532x