Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 03:26 AM

Default 2 hands for review stud8

can i call here?

Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (4.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds

Total pot: (5.30 BB - $10.60)

I hate folding here but i think its right?
Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (5.10 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.05 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.05 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.05 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls $1.20 (all-in)
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (11.25 BB - $22.50)
Old 10-05-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: 2 hands for review stud8

In hand 2, did you realize that seat 2 had less than 1 bet left on 7th (i.e. you are effectively closing the action) when you folded? I'm certainly not good enough to fold in that spot, although I'm sure you were probably right.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:44 AM

hand 2, no way should you fold there. Call, More than likely you are splitting that pot.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 PM

My 2 cents.
In hand 1 if you call on 5 you should be calling on 6th.
What changed between 5 and 6th?

On both streets you had an ok low draw with a good high draw.
On 5th street player is representing a 76 low when he bets out. At this point if you call you are pretty much playing for high side only if you believe him because unless you catch running low unpaired cards then he has a better low.

On 6th street the only thing that has changed is it looks like he may have a straight as well, at least that is what he would have you believe, the 5 may have paired him.

There is a slim chance he is bluffing and has 2 pair as well. he could have 76 in the whole, then on 5th you bricked so he bets to try and steal.

Then there is also a chance that a low spade scoops for you.

All in all i Think 5th is when you need to make your decision on whether you continue or not.

Hand 2 is a tough fold but i don't think you are splitting i think you are losing.

To mee it seems that the player has been check calling the whole hand and is now leading out. Looks like you may have a 6 low so he has probably made a high hand. I don't hate a fold here.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2, no way should you fold there. Call, More than likely you are splitting that pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, you think im splitting more than i'm getting scooped. What hand could she possibly be betting that i have beat?

I don't have a low and the only hand someone bets their is a straight, flush or maybe trips if they are bad enough, none of which i can beat.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Hand 1: Let's say you can only split the pot by getting a spade, and that you fold if you don't get a spade. Your expected profit on calling is then:
(6/35)*2.65-(29/35)*1 = -0.37 big bets

Hand 2: Absolutely not a fold. That is a really bad fold with the pot size. You are investing one big bet to possibly get 6 back. He doesn't beat aces up often enough to warrant folding.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:28 PM

Hand 1

I think you can profitably call and call the river if you make any low (and raise if you make a flush). You can possibly also call profitably if you hit an A, J, 9, or 8. Basically, with the dead 4s it's unlikely he has a straight, and his most likely hand is a pair and a 76 low or two pair. I think calling is pretty marginal, since you will have no idea what you need to catch if you don't buy a spade, so folding is fine also. To the poster Rubix who asks 'what changed between 5th and 6th'...what the hell do you think? We caught a brick and our opponent caught close to perfect.

Hand 2

I think it's a bad fold. You probably are getting scooped, but that doesn't mean folding is correct. I would estimate you winning the high about 1/4 of the time.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:22 AM

On the first hand, I don't think folding is terrible, but I'm with blumpkin that this is worth calling and then calling on the river with almost any improvement. Realize that he's betting about anything here, and occasionally you will scoop him when he has two scraggly pair and you make a flush.

The river fold on the second hand is brutally awful in my humble opinion. You are getting about 5:1 on your call. It cannot be raised behind you. There is indeed an excellent chance that you're getting swept, but it ain't 85% or whatever. Why can't he be betting just a low? Who knows, maybe he's betting with a worse high hand and no low.