Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 09-08-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Johnny Miller just called Air Jordan a pigeon.......

BMW Championships NBC's 3rd round coverage

Johhny Miller NBC golf analyst was referencing a comment Tiger Woods had made to him (to Miller) along the lines of

"..it's nice to be back in Chicago, where I can (continue) taking lots of money from a certain basketball player..."

and Miller says "......if you look up the word pigeon in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Micheal Jordan...."

Seems out of line for a guy like Johnny Miller to be calling people like MJ out like this. Does Miller even play golf for money? I know he had the knee thing, and that keeps him from playing the Sr. Tour. I just wonder what his motivations are. Tiger did mention later in the broadcast that there is a bit of trash talk between himself and Jordan when in Chi, but is Miller in that clique?

We have all heard about Jordan playing big $$$ golf, - I personally played 2 groups behind Jordan, Barkley, Freddy Couples, Jimmy Conners (Tennis guy), and the head pro at Rancho San Marcos and the word was it was dots/skins @ 1000/per dot and Barkley dropped 45Kish (from a caddy, so take it for what its worth)- but it just seems he is hating on Tiger because maybe A) he is wants to play with Tiger and Jordan or B) wants a piece of the action? C).....?

I'm not sure of Miller's relationship with Jordan but unless they regularly goad Jordan on like this to get his action, it seems like really poor gamblers etiquette to call Jordan out like that on TV (Not that Miller would know anything about that)

Not sure why I started the thread, purely for gossip value seems most likely. If any have any opinions, stories, anecdotes on Jordan/Woods/Etc./High stakes golf, I'm sure the forum would like to read them

My quotes at the top of the page are probably not exact. mods, apologies if this is an inappropriate thread here, please move or delete as neccesary.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Johnny Miller just called Air Jordan a pigeon.......

johnny miller never seemed like the the PC correct type. Also if he spouts off like that on national TV it's gotta be pretty close to the truth or he's going to look like a fool. Now "lots of money" to him probably isn't that much to Jordan but I'd like to know the numbers also.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:40 PM

it's been a great tournament and there was even caddie drama yesterday, and this is the best you come up with?

some golf forum.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's been a great tournament and there was even caddie drama yesterday, and this is the best you come up with?

some golf forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see any coverage yesterday. What happened?
Old 09-08-2007, 08:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that it's a known fact in the golf world that MJ is a huge lifetime loser on the golf course. Thus the comment.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that it's a known fact in the golf world that MJ is a huge lifetime loser on the golf course. Thus the comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not hard to be a huge loser when play TW [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I really wonder what they play for and how much weight he gets from Tiger.

Maybe Johnny was trying to get some action out of MJ. Calling him a pigeon on tv is a good start.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:30 PM

I read somewhere awhile back (not sure where - Jordan Rules? A Feinstein book?) that Jordan is such an action junkie that he takes bad bets on the golf course. Anyone who has done any research on him knows that to be his style. I seriously doubt he's a winner in AC, for example. Not that many people beat the table games.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read somewhere awhile back (not sure where - Jordan Rules? A Feinstein book?) that Jordan is such an action junkie that he takes bad bets on the golf course. Anyone who has done any research on him knows that to be his style. I seriously doubt he's a winner in AC, for example. Not that many people beat the table games.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I've always heard as well. MJ always wants a challenge, and I think he overestimates his game a bit, so his bets aren't always +EV.