Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 12:50 AM

Default winning % with high card Ace

Can someone give me an idea of what a good winning percentage is in tracker with A high ? Based on a purely +/- stand point I seem to be showing down way more losers. I think I win about 25% of my A high showdowns. Obviously the stat is skewed because I frequently do that early in sessions to create an image. But I'd still like to know what I should be aiming for there.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Re: winning % with high card Ace

I dont know how to look this up in PT, and Im not sure if u are refering to hands where u call a bet, when noone bets river or when u bet river. I think these stats should be separated?

Often when u call with Ahigh on the end its because pot odds are good enough, not cause u think u are a favourite, so u shouldnt win a lot of those showdowns.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 AM

I'm at work so I don't have the layout handy, but one of the tabs outlines how you're doing with all kinds of hands. 1 pair, 2 pair, flushes, and one of them is A high. I should stipulate that I play mostly 6 handed, so the value of A high is obviously much less then in heads up. I guess I was curious if anyone actually makes showing down with A high profitable in a 6handed online game. Right now it seems like a losing play for me, but I still think it helps me make more money later on. Still 25% success when I show down with A high seems a little low. And I have it filtered so that it doesn't count when I bet and they fold.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:49 PM

that pt stat includes when u raise button with a4, bet flop and then the turn and river are terrible so u check it down knowing ur gonna lose