Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Quick Deposit Question

I have $6K cash I want to deposit into one of my bank accounts, but I don't want to set off any flags or whatever. What increments should I deposit them in (and time between)? I will be paying taxes on this money, but I don't want to give any reasons to get audited. Any help?
Thanks!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Quick Deposit Question

This is called structuring and is ILLEGAL. Just deposit the entire amount and pay taxes on it.

fyc
Old 07-10-2007, 02:31 PM

Old 07-10-2007, 02:40 PM

You do not want to deposit it in increments. That is structuring and is a crime.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is called structuring and is ILLEGAL. Just deposit the entire amount and pay taxes on it.

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I am going to pay taxes on it. When and how I put money into this account really doesn't have anything to do with how I report. I just wanted to avoid any red flags or whatev, if I could.

It makes sense that this is illegal, but I didn't think about it. I will just deposit it all. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do not want to deposit it in increments. That is structuring and is a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it structuring and a crime when the total is ONLY 6K well below the 10K threshold level for the report to be filed...

Just deposit the 6K it will not(or should not be) be an issue..Unless the bank is overly zealous against gaming..If that's the case the amount of your deposits will not matter...

UIGEA is not supposed to have any effect on deposit into banks only the funding to gaming sites..
Old 07-10-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it structuring and a crime when the total is ONLY 6K well below the 10K threshold level for the report to be filed...

Just deposit the 6K it will not(or should not be) be an issue..Unless the bank is overly zealous against gaming..If that's the case the amount of your deposits will not matter...

UIGEA is not supposed to have any effect on deposit into banks only the funding to gaming sites..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is..
Old 07-10-2007, 05:55 PM

Just deposit it. Anything under 10k doesn't get reported. Although it _may_ be put on a 1 week hold because it's over 5k, because of some stupid law passed after 9/11.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 PM

There is an article on structuring at: http://support.visualanalytics.com/t...e12/VLNews.cfm

The critical statement is "Thus, "structuring" financial transactions to avoid filing requirements is a form of money laundering and subject to penalties and forfeitures under the current laws and regulations." so since it is under 10k and you are not trying to avoid filing anything, becasue nothing would be filed, you are perfectly OK to deposit all 6k