Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM

Default 93s in the sb, how did I get in this mess

15/30 game at Bellagio, game has been 4 to a flop for most of the time I've sat.

UTG limps (and is very short stacked), UTG+1 is a friend and raises. That puts him at your standard TAG range.

3 people call

before I even begin to contemplate if I can find a fold, the BB and UTG already have their calling chips in their hands. I quickly call, BB calls, and now UTG raises. UTG+1 makes it 4, and now some random aggressive asian woman decides to make it 5, just because. Everyone that had called before is calling now. With the UTG guy having enough for 5 bets all in, I think I get 9.5 to 1 on this call (or something close.

I ended up calling the 3 cold knowing BB calls (nice regular from cantebury).

Terrible ? Standard ? Suited here makes little to no difference ?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: 93s in the sb, how did I get in this mess

In a 2-3 chip structure like the 15 game, I'll complete the sb with 93s for one chip. Any more that it's a clear fold.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:30 PM

lol

i think your title says it all

at this point i would call also
this pot is so huge no one is going anywhere
youre gonna have odds to draw to almost anything

plus i like your position acting first
having the option to either b/3b or c/r
Old 07-10-2007, 07:30 PM

eh i would probably fold to the 5 bet. that might be a mistake, but im too nitty to play 93s for 5 bets.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:39 PM

We might as well get into the discussions about hand ranges, if it matters. The only person in this hand with any kind of holding that crushes me badly is UTG+1. Everyone else (except a better 9) I'm not dominated by. It helps that I know the results, but UTG short stack guy puts all his chips in there with any 2, and ditto with aggressive asian women. And I know that young Cantebury guy has any 2. Do the hand ranges matter at all ? I'm sure it must help knowing that only 1 person even has the possibility of having a big pocket pair...

KitCloudkicker, I'm *really* nitty. But with 10 hours of poker in 5 days, and it being my 30th birthday (and I was up), I really didn't see a fold. I'm asking (and believe me it's embarassing) because I'd like to hear just how un-close it was.

We can get into results later if it matter, some interesting streets
Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 PM

I only don't like a call b/c even though utg has "calling chips" in hand, 90% of time short stacked people in this spot re-raise with any two, thus you have to account for the possiblity of getting tied in for 4 bets (or five, i love people who cap for no reason). I'd prefer a 53, 63, 73 as opposed to 93s, nine is far more likely to be dominated in 6 way pot. Only if i was 100% sure it was $20 more to see a flop, would i consider calling w/ 93s here.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only don't like a call b/c even though utg has "calling chips" in hand, 90% of time short stacked people in this spot re-raise with any two, thus you have to account for the possiblity of getting tied in for 4 bets (or five, i love people who cap for no reason). I'd prefer a 53, 63, 73 as opposed to 93s, nine is far more likely to be dominated in 6 way pot. Only if i was 100% sure it was $20 more to see a flop, would i consider calling w/ 93s here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I'd never even considered the first call being close, but your point about the short guy raising is interesting/valid. I really had no idea he was going to do that. I don't think I would ever fold to the 1+1/3 bets. Regardless of what gets said in here. But the 3 cold bugged me for a week.